Motor issue

Reaction score
Upon start up the one motor its extremely
Slow. Motor fried?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That isn't right! Don't fly it with that!
Maybe an ESC isn't driving the motor correctly, or the motor is bad.
Did you have a crash or anything that came into contact with the prop?
What did you do just before this happened?
Any warnings in Go?

That isn't right! Don't fly it with that!
Maybe an ESC isn't driving the motor correctly, or the motor is bad.
Did you have a crash or anything that came into contact with the prop?
What did you do just before this happened?
Any warnings in Go?

No crashes. Flew it yesterday, 15 minute trip around a lake. Made it back safely. I did notice that the drone seemed to be a little unstable. Started it up today. And this issue. I did contact dji. The drone is a little older than 4 months

Sounds like something is failing and should be repaired and/or replaced BEFORE something drastic happens, like a crash.
Being that new it still should be under warranty and the logs should show there has been no abuse... wish you the best of luck!

Scary man, I wouldn't fly it, these things crash when we think everything is working correctly. :rolleyes::eek:

Rod

Reactions: jeronesi2k2002
Emailed dji. Opened a case file. Waiting on the shipping label to be emailed. We'll see how long the process takes from beginning to end. (Process started April 25)

Hey!! that looks familiar!!!
IMG_0810[1_.mp4
And you have the same stickers i did? Looks like the red and the blue must be bad luck.

Anyways, you are quite lucky, that exact problem happened to my phantom a year ago, except it happened in the air and plummeted into a neighbors tree. Never crashed or have signs this would happen. My neighbors were nice enough to help get it down; inspecting it, i thought the motor was bad also. But I didn't risk it and sent to DJI. Turns out the esc failed and the standard doesn't have sensors that detect that like the more expensive models do so no errors got reported by the app.
DJI replaced the board and some motors under warranty and it looks like you have an identical problem.

Hey!! that looks familiar!!!
IMG_0810[1_.mp4
And you have the same stickers i did? Looks like the red and the blue must be bad luck.

Anyways, you are quite lucky, that exact problem happened to my phantom a year ago, except it happened in the air and plummeted into a neighbors tree. Never crashed or have signs this would happen. My neighbors were nice enough to help get it down; inspecting it, i thought the motor was bad also. But I didn't risk it and sent to DJI. Turns out the esc failed and the standard doesn't have sensors that detect that like the more expensive models do so no errors got reported by the app.
DJI replaced the board and some motors under warranty and it looks like you have an identical problem.

Thanks for the insight. Just hoping that they repair it quickly.

So far in not overly impressed with DJI. I've been waiting patiently to receive the shipping label via email so I can ship them the drone. Keep in mind I've yet to get one. Here's the response to my request.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170501-143722.png
    Screenshot_20170501-143722.png
    237.2 KB · Views: 219
Great, they received your unit, but you haven't shipped it yet.

The shipping label usually comes out pretty quick, less than 24 hrs, like about 2 hrs, I think somebody else has to do the label, not the first contact person.

Keep any eye in your Junk / Spam folders.

Last time they repeated my address back to me, but when they set up the label they put my zip code wrong. I was scared to send my unit to them.

I asked them to fix it or give me another label, that took two working days.

Rod

Great, they received your unit, but you haven't shipped it yet.

The shipping label usually comes out pretty quick, less than 24 hrs, like about 2 hrs, I think somebody else has to do the label, not the first contact person.

Keep any eye in your Junk / Spam folders.

Last time they repeated my address back to me, but when they set up the label they put my zip code wrong. I was scared to send my unit to them.

I asked them to fix it or give me another label, that took two working days.

Rod
Received the label today. After emailing twice and phoning dji. Dropped the drone at ups. We'll see how the rest of the story goes

Mine shows delivery a week ago, still shows they haven't got it yet.
Sounds about right. :eek:

Where are you guys sending these too?

I have sent 4 Phantoms to KAL-E-FORN-E-YA (Arnold) :)

Rod

Last edited:
In my experience, emailing is not the best way to go. I talked to DJI directly over their online chat, they set up my RMA on the spot and got me a shipping label in just s couple hours.

Looks like you will be about 6 week turn around?

Rod

Got my email today from dji. Drone has been shipped and will receive June 6 th.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170531-155838.png
    Screenshot_20170531-155838.png
    124.7 KB · Views: 182

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan