Motor Hours-Long Lasting?

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Hope you all are getting ready for some weekend flying.

Does anyone know off the top of their head how many hours we can log per engine on the phantom 2? I would like to stay on top of this before I have a scary episode while 400 ft up. Also, feel free to share any general maintenance you might use to keep your copter in top shape.

SaltWaterNole said:
Hey Guys,

Hope you all are getting ready for some weekend flying.

Does anyone know off the top of their head how many hours we can log per engine on the phantom 2? I would like to stay on top of this before I have a scary episode while 400 ft up. Also, feel free to share any general maintenance you might use to keep your copter in top shape.

BLDC motors can last thousands of hours.

The bearings will be the first to go and even thought the motors are inexpensive the bearings can be replaced.

Mori55 said:
Easier to just replace the motor.

Depends on the motor - mine are $110 a piece and I have six of the buggers.... so I'll replace the bearings after about 80hrs flight time me thinks!

I flew my 450 for a couple of years and replaced 1 motor when I heard it whining I wouldn't worry about it unless you fly in sand.
You'll probally hear it making noise before anything happens. Never really saw a motor just stop unless the esc went bad or bad connection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic