Motor gimble overload

Hi everyone! Phantom 3 newbie here. Bought it 2 weeks ago. Flew perfectly and took some photos just fine. Left the p3 at rest for a few days because of rainy weather. Then yesterday, tried to fly again. As soon as I turned on the air craft, the update required was showing. So I did the update. Then turned on the aircraft. And the gimbal and camera started moving randomly. And on the iPhone, it shows gimbal overload. I don't know why or how this happens. Please help!

Hi everyone! Phantom 3 newbie here. Bought it 2 weeks ago. Flew perfectly and took some photos just fine. Left the p3 at rest for a few days because of rainy weather. Then yesterday, tried to fly again. As soon as I turned on the air craft, the update required was showing. So I did the update. Then turned on the aircraft. And the gimbal and camera started moving randomly. And on the iPhone, it shows gimbal overload. I don't know why or how this happens. Please help!
Same issue as you. Have you tried doing a gimbal calibration? When I try it fails every time. The camera spins around wildly. I posted a video of it on youtube here:

DJI said to send in the camera. They were nice enough to let me keep the drone itself. I am trying to find just the camera to buy but it seems it is out of stock everywhere.

I am debating on buying a brand new P3P for $1,100 from a friend

Same issue as you. Have you tried doing a gimbal calibration? When I try it fails every time. The camera spins around wildly. I posted a video of it on youtube here:

DJI said to send in the camera. They were nice enough to let me keep the drone itself. I am trying to find just the camera to buy but it seems it is out of stock everywhere.

I am debating on buying a brand new P3P for $1,100 from a friend

Yes. exactly what is happening in the video is happening to my drone. I have tried the gimbal calibration. It failed and the camera went super crazy. I also did cold IMU calibration but it went okay. So DJI said it's the camera issue? Btw, would you happen to know if there are any warranties from DJI? I literally flew like 4 times only and this happened. =( Maybe wait for the camera from DJI? I am not sure how reliable their service is since I have seen many people complain about it.

Im trying to find a new camera. I really dont want to put anymore money into this company. I dont want to support them anymore
I don't know how the camera is connected but is it the camera problem? I thought it maybe the gimbal problem which is DJI fault. Is it okay to use external camera and attach to this drone?
i know. if I knew this kind of thing happens often with DJI, I wouldn't have invested my money.

Just happened to me today, everything has been ok but went out today and straight away flashing for about 1 second "gimble motor overload" but the gimble moves ok, and sets itself up alright from start up,

I am having the same warning and the gimble is really hot. No crashes. Just sitting idle messing with settings

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj