Motor gets extremely hot! and does not work like the others!

Reaction score
Heeeelp!! Heeeelp!!

My motor has also stopped working!!! what can I do? It gets REALLY REALLY HOT!! WhenI power on the phantom all motors run except one and that arm's led does not light up also... I have changed the Naza ports in order to see if it was the naza or the esc/motor... but when I did the other motor worked fine! How can I know if it is the ESC or the motor?? All the wires seem to be in good condition and well connected!

All this happened after a crash today...

Help me please!Help me please!Help me please!

Re: Motor gets extremely hot! and does not work like the oth

First, do not try and fly this.
If your motor gets really hot, then it is likely the problem with the motor. You can confirm by swapping the motor to another position and idling it to see if it is the ESC or motor. Order parts and replace.

Re: Motor gets extremely hot! and does not work like the oth

Yesterday, I crashed my FC40, breaking one propguard, but it appeared, otherwise, intact. Upon manually turning the props, I noticed that one motor appeared to be damaged (hard to turn.) On pulling up on the motor housing(prop thread) , it pulled apart from the coils (held together magnetically) and I discovered that the 'E' clip had broken off the bottom of the shaft and was magnetically pulled into the windings, between it and the rotor. I removed the broken clip, bought a replacement 'E' clip for $.14 (fourteen cents.) I installed it by removing the four motor mount screws, carefully pulling out the motor and put the new clip on, screwed the motor back in place and all was good! (Initally, I removed the screws that held the body halves together, to access the motor, but I think that this clip replacement can be done without separating the body halves.)

Hope this helps you, or someone else! :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj