Motor damage

Reaction score
Recently my P3A got caught under a bench (I know, I know) and one of my motors smoked...it still flies and I can't see how it affects the flying but I can see the damage on the windings and the motor gets very hot...the question is, should I continue flying or ground it until I get a new motor?

Welcome to the forum .
I would not fly until I replaced the motor you are taking a chance . I think it's just when and when it dose it will cost you a lot more to fix if it is still able to be fixed . Be safe not sorry .
GL!

Reactions: Fplvert
If you don't feel comfortable replacing the motor you need to send it to an authorize repair station for DJI. This alleviates the 8wk lead time from DJI while maintaining the DJI warranty. There are 4 authorized repair stations in the U.S. I believe Aces Deals in N.Y. is one in the east and US Hobbies in Vegas is another one in the west.

Thanks for the replies. I figured that but needed someone else to tell me! Grounded!

Motors are cheep the quad is not.

Now to find the motor. The ones on the dji website are black but mine are silver...i guess I will have to remove mine first to make sure I get the right one.

Have to be sure I understand there are two versions of the 2312E motors one is 960Kv and the other is 800Kv. With out the exact same motor your air breaking and flight performance would be different. Good luck!

Have to be sure I understand there are two versions of the 2312E motors one is 960Kv and the other is 800Kv. With out the exact same motor your air breaking and flight performance would be different. Good luck!

How can I make sure which motor it is? Do you know if it is written inside or on the bottom of the motor? Also, an authorized dealer told me that they haven't been given the parts to fix the P3A yet...

The motors are available .
image.png
Yours should have a number on them. When. You pull the shell you should check the ESC and make sure it didn't blow or smoke. Sorry but they are part of the board on the P3.

No I haven't, I am a techie type and do all my on work. It fairly streight forward finding out what it is not kinda tells you what it is. Phantom 2's are pretty solid units and most issues have to do with ESC' or motor damage. Once in a while a wifi Tx may be damaged and that has to do a lot of time with using booster and them overheating. Have had two birds in the air for over a year and a couple of months. Repairs have been 1 ESC, 1 motor, several props and one camera due to firmware upgrade that bricked it. Warranty fixed it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr