motor cut off itelligent or immediate ???

Reaction score
Hi all, my quad keeps tipping over on landing, I am landing as gently as I can, but when I try and cut the motors the quad seems to want to topple over damaging the props, would you recommend I change the motor cut off in naza software from intelligent to immediate??? or is it maybe something else ? any help appreciated :)

It's best left on intelligent - it sounds like you are using both sticks to shut down?
You can do it that way but must be done correctly.
Far safer to simply hold the throttle completely down for minimum 3 seconds and it will stop once not descending anymore.
You can't accidentally do this in flight as it knows it is has not stopped moving.

The key to shut down is ONLY pull throttle stick down, not both sticks.

Thanks Guys, feeling a bit stupid, didn't realise you only need to hold down the power lever to stop motors, always thought it was both, much appreciated :)

CSC move (both sticks to CSC positions, e.g. hard bottom left on both) kills motors instantly, including if in the air.
May tip over on ground I guess as it starts to turn as you execute.
Holding down left stick for three seconds will kill motors *assuming the phantom is not moving vertically* - i.e. it thinks it's on the ground. This avoids it killing power whilst mid-air.

I'd recommend hand catching though. It's easy and safer.

yes its been a bit frustrating, I haven't exactly crashed and caused damage, but i'm on my 3rd set of props because it falls over on landing GGGrrrr, have tried the wider skids, have tried retracts and every time on landing over it goes, more bent props , have now retro fitted home made long skids to the bottom of the landing gear, its a little better, but still tries to pull itself over, its a shame because it performs flawlessly in the air :)

I also suggest just having the phantom hover just above you and catch it by one of the legs. Much easier and less time consuming trying to land it on the ground especially in the wind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31