Motor Covers for storage?

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has purchased or found anything to use as a motor cover when the props are off and storing your drone in something other than the original case like a backpack case or something similar. Any ideas or should I 3D print some of my own?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You thinking something like the ones for the Mercury 2.4 EFI Bridgeports? Or maybe these?
276_MECH_DSC_0732_9567.jpg

Reactions: Indiana Scott
What is the point of a motor cover? Stored under any halfway reasonable conditions I can't see them needing any special protection (?)

What is the point of a motor cover? Stored under any halfway reasonable conditions I can't see them needing any special protection (?)

Mainly for hiking/traveling with it. Obviously as it sits in the foam case in my room I don't need them. I was thinking just extra layer of protection as it is work in a backpack case on hikes and traveling on a plane/through the airport

Exactly. My point with the $100K worth of outboards---Motor covers--yes. Toy flying camera worth less than the fuel those things burn getting on plane--not so much.

I just received a set of these:

4pcs Silicon Motor Protective Guard Caps Cover Accessories for DJI Phantom 2/3/4 | eBay

They fit ok but I'm not sure they are silicone. I put them on after a flight last night but took them off to allow the motors to cool a bit more. Put them back on this morning. I think they are ok but do add more steps in the process of getting the bird ready to fly.

Pretty cheap so if I lose them or otherwise toss them then it's not a big deal.

I just looked them up $20,999 EACH. Yikes, and think what size the fuel line must be. Look like a garden hose.

Actually, they are priced right about the $28k range New for one with a 20" shaft. I have a 250 Yamaha/SHO on the back of my Ranger Bass Boat that would cost close to $24k to replace and mine only has 1 engine.
cfb1e3b85a85899906596a684972ce96.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik