Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Motor Arm Reinforcements Void DJI Warranty

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by gavinh, Jun 18, 2016.

1. gavinh

I own the aluminum and composite motor arm reinforcements and have been hesitant to install them for a couple of reasons. 1. I currently have no stress cracks. and, 2. DJI representative said that they, if installed, void all warranties for their products.

I spoke with a DJI rep and he stated that even if there is an internal malfunction and crash deemed not pilot error that they will not honor any warrant for the bird.

I know what you may be thinking, if you crash, take them off and no one will know. But, do the motor screws have any sort of seal on them that may show that they were removed?

Anyone thought about this/have knowledge about this? Are they worth the risk:benefit?

2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Very few Phantoms ever develop cracking and if you are unlucky enough to get one, DJI will cover it.
    You are trying to prevent something that will probably never happen anyway.

gavinh likes this.
  3. BVC

BVC

Yep. Waste of money.

People often tend to forget that forums are generally for complaints and issues. When was the last time you saw a thread that someone posted up saying "No stress cracks - yay!!"?

Plus it adds needless weight.

gavinh likes this.
  4. WetDog

Mine haven't cracked!

5. snerd

I had zip-ties on the ends of my arms on the year-old P3P I just sent in for repair. They still covered if for free. They seem to be easy to work with on the cracking issue.

gavinh likes this.