Motion Sickness with FPV?

Reaction score
I'm just about to get my Phantom 2 set up with FPV with an ImmersionRC transmitter and Dominator goggles. I'm very susceptible to motion sickness in cars and especially on boats and I was wondering if anyone suffers motion sickness when flying FPV?

I've read various articles that suggest that people who get motion sickness by feeling motion but not seeing it (like in a car) may not get motion sickness from seeing motion but not feeling it (as in flying FPV) and vice versa, but that some people will feel ill from both, and some lucky ones from neither!

Which of the following describes you:

A - I feel car sick, or sea sick but feel fine flying FPV
B - I feel fine in cars and boats but feel nauseous flying FPV
C - I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't feel nauseous flying FPV or in cars or boats!

Safe flying!
Brian.

Why not consider a monitor - I bought some goggles on a whim after using a monitor but don't use them as it's difficult to judge distance with the wide angle gopro lens and they aren't convincing enought to be any more immersive than a monitor with a shield. IMO, ymmv.

I'm a C :shock:

Biggest benefit I imagine is lack of glare on bright days. Fpv was almost impossible during afternoons on a recent trip I took due to glare and just plain old inability to see nexus or iphone screen even in shaded area. And also trying to see detail when nexus or iphone is 2-3 feet away probably harder than with the glasses I assume?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl