Motherboard video failure?

Reaction score
Open to any and all suggestions.

I read through several pages of posts and used the search first. I have had my P2 with a Hero 3 since Jan 2014 and have not had any problems at all. I finally got around to buying an iOSD mini, AVL58, Bluetooth module setup and a Blackpearl Monitor. Hooked it all up and nothing. I know the AVL58 is transmitting because the monitor has a black screen and if I disconnect the AVL58 power, the screen goes white and static.

I bought another iOSD mini and installed it tonight, I know have instrument symbology on the monitor but no video out whatsoever. I removed the video out and ground pins from the motherboard CAM connector and hooked them to a usb video cable directly to the Hero 3. That worked and got a very good video feed on the monitor. The gimbal works and responds to the Tx remote lever and autostabilizes fine.

So with all that said, has anybody had an problem with getting video out of the motherboard camera connector? Am I missing anything? This could have been a problem from the beginning but I never hooked up the FPV before until now. Need a path forward.

Thanks in advance

Hawkmech83 said:
Open to any and all suggestions.

I read through several pages of posts and used the search first. I have had my P2 with a Hero 3 since Jan 2014 and have not had any problems at all. I finally got around to buying an iOSD mini, AVL58, Bluetooth module setup and a Blackpearl Monitor. Hooked it all up and nothing. I know the AVL58 is transmitting because the monitor has a black screen and if I disconnect the AVL58 power, the screen goes white and static.

I bought another iOSD mini and installed it tonight, I know have instrument symbology on the monitor but no video out whatsoever. I removed the video out and ground pins from the motherboard CAM connector and hooked them to a usb video cable directly to the Hero 3. That worked and got a very good video feed on the monitor. The gimbal works and responds to the Tx remote lever and autostabilizes fine.

So with all that said, has anybody had an problem with getting video out of the motherboard camera connector? Am I missing anything? This could have been a problem from the beginning but I never hooked up the FPV before until now. Need a path forward.

Thanks in advance

I have the same setup except for the bluetooth and have not had that problem. Did you solder or use the FPV hub kit?? Also was everything installed external??

• P2, H3-2D, GoPro Hero 3+B, AVL-58, 5.8G clover-leaf antennas, iOSD-mini, Black Pearl 7" diversity receiver/monitor

Neither actually, I bought a crimper, connectors, and pins and adapted the factory 4 wire CAM harness to the iOSD and AVL58. I have been looking for a pinout diagram for the Zenmuse connector so I can troubleshoot a little more, a schematic would be perfect. Not sure if there is something bad between the motherboard Zenmuse connector and the CAM connector.

I found a post by RDCF550 viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28252 that has pictures of the mother board without components and you can see the PCB artwork. I am going to disconnect the video out from the zenmuse connector and hook it to the input of the iOSD and see if there is a video signal.

Hawkmech83 said:
Neither actually, I bought a crimper, connectors, and pins and adapted the factory 4 wire CAM harness to the iOSD and AVL58. I have been looking for a pinout diagram for the Zenmuse connector so I can troubleshoot a little more, a schematic would be perfect. Not sure if there is something bad between the motherboard Zenmuse connector and the CAM connector.

I found a post by RDCF550 viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28252 that has pictures of the mother board without components and you can see the PCB artwork. I am going to disconnect the video out from the zenmuse connector and hook it to the input of the iOSD and see if there is a video signal.

Be a good time to have oscilloscope handy. Do you have the gopro LCD screen that connect to backside of the camera?? That would tell you if that connector was working or not.

I dont know if what you have going on is the same as some thing else I happened to run accost while trying to search for answers for why and how I totally bricked my P2v after changing some settings on a newly installed gimbal. Even tho the stuff I was finding did not help me it. Your post is ringing a bell cause the others were having problems after having iosd and
Zenmuse gimbals installed that were all working fine and then the phantoms firm ware up date bricked them and for others they had video problems and what not. Tho I dont know any thing about these zimuses or much about the iosd but maybe you mihgt want to see if these other problems others were having around june is any thing relating to what you have going on. or not going on with your video. http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=633839

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj