Most reliable firmware version and DJI Go version

Reaction score
I am buying my dad a Phantom 3 Standard (2.7K) and Nvidia Shield K1 for Christmas (as some of you already know from here: ( Nvidia Shield K1 GPS Maps ). He will not have internet connection or a computer so whatever firmware and Go App he gets he will be stuck with for awhile until I visit him again. I've been reading through some of the firmware threads. I'm having trouble finding if there is an overall consensus on what versions are best. I have found the websites that have prior versions of the Go app and previous firmware. Please tell me what would be the safest, most reliable versions of both P3S firmware and Go app to set him up with. I don't have the P3S yet so I don't know what I'll be starting with.

You're buying this for your dad! If you ever get tired of your current situation, let me know if you're interested in being adopted :)

Reactions: Neon Euc
I've got the standard, and have done all the updates, and I am using the latest version of DJI Go. No problems at all.

You're buying this for your dad! If you ever get tired of your current situation, let me know if you're interested in being adopted :)
Lol. Ok, I'll let you know. I've already got two kids... I wasn't raised in a wealthy family by any means, but my das was a good provider and a good father. I'm doing ok for myself now and figure I wouldn't be where I am today without him. I just hope this will give him something to do and look forward to.
I've got the standard, and have done all the updates, and I am using the latest version of DJI Go. No problems at all.
Thanks for that info... so you are getting descent range and not connection issues with firmware 1.10.90. I was just reading this thread: Latest Firmware 1.10.90, any good ???? and seeing mixed results. They even say you can not revert to prior firmware after the update.

Lol. Ok, I'll let you know. I've already got two kids... I wasn't raised in a wealthy family by any means, but my das was a good provider and a good father. I'm doing ok for myself now and figure I wouldn't be where I am today without him. I just hope this will give him something to do and look forward to.

Thanks for that info... so you are getting descent range and not connection issues with firmware 1.10.90. I was just reading this thread: Latest Firmware 1.10.90, any good ???? and seeing mixed results. They even say you can not revert to prior firmware after the update.
That link above that you posted is not for the Standard, that thread is talking about the Pro/Adv models.

You should make a hard copy of the User Manual for your father as it is not included with the drone. Available only online

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Too many factors involved to say which is best. Location, interference, memory free on display unit, are just a few examples.

In theory the answer should be up to date ....

Nigel

I also am using the latest firmware, but using Litchi for the software. Have had zero problems as of late.

You should make a hard copy of the User Manual for your father as it is not included with the drone. Available only online

I agree. And if time allows, do the first few flights, activation and software use together. A lot of questions came up fo rme, and I've flown rc since 1975.

The "best" combo was 1.5.7 for the drone and 2.9 for GO.

But with 1.7 released this has sorted a few issues 1.6 had. ive updated to 1.7 but I still keep 2.9 for GO.

Last edited:
I have the standard and I'm not able to get any firmware because it keeps saying that the gimble is disconnected ???

I also am using the latest firmware, but using Litchi for the software. Have had zero problems as of late.

hey guys new on here, ive got the p3s using litchi as well. works great, however I was helping a friend that just got one because he liked mine so much. I did all the updates as I did with mine but when loading waypoint mission it used almost half his drones batt. ppower and still didn't work, used my not pad worked great. told him get newer pad. oh and yes I force closed apps and removed some picture wood freeze as well. it was a droid am I right on the fact the pad he has just don't have the oomff he needs?

That's a good idea... will do.
Thanks to all that have answered my question!
hey guys new on here, ive got the p3s using litchi as well. works great, however I was helping a friend that just got one because he liked mine so much. I did all the updates as I did with mine but when loading waypoint mission it used almost half his drones batt. ppower and still didn't work, used my not pad worked great. told him get newer pad. oh and yes I force closed apps and removed some picture wood freeze as well. it was a droid am I right on the fact the pad he has just don't have the oomff he needs?

I have the standard and I'm not able to get any firmware because it keeps saying that the gimble is disconnected ???

Ray Rose and lunar11111 - your questions were not answered because you a hijacking the thread; your questions have nothing to do with the title of this thread. You will have better luck if you ask your question in a thread more related to your question or just start a new thread.... just trying to help.

That link above that you posted is not for the Standard, that thread is talking about the Pro/Adv models.
ahhh! Ok, thanks! So you guys think the latest firmware is not causing or introducing any disconnect or range issues on the PS3? I guess I'll go ahead. The previous thread I posted was for Pro/Adv but it does say they can no longer revert to older firmware. That is what is making me reluctant to upgrade the firmware... no going back if it's not working? Is this true for the Standard?

ahhh! Ok, thanks! So you guys think the latest firmware is not causing or introducing any disconnect or range issues on the PS3? I guess I'll go ahead. The previous thread I posted was for Pro/Adv but it does say they can no longer revert to older firmware. That is what is making me reluctant to upgrade the firmware... no going back if it's not working? Is this true for the Standard?
There's always workarounds using the SD card. But this is NOT how the Standard was meant to be FW updated. Whatever you do with the FW, you should make sure the auto update is turned off for his device in the play store or else it will update . I'm talking about the Go app here, not the FW.

Last edited:
That's a good idea... will do.
Thanks to all that have answered my question!

Ray Rose and lunar11111 - your questions were not answered because you a hijacking the thread; your questions have nothing to do with the title of this thread. You will have better luck if you ask your question in a thread more related to your question or just start a new thread.... just trying to help.
William thanks sorry like I said, new to this going to take a couple visets to figure it out. thanks again

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik