Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Most reliable Device to work with Lightbridge???

Discussion in 'DJI Lightbridge' started by omegaman1965, Nov 8, 2014.

1. omegaman1965

Hi,
    I am currently using a Samsung Tab S 8.4 tablet with my lightbridge on PH2 I get a lot of image dropout and of late the app keeps crashing. What may be a better device or better said what is the most reliable device to use with a lightbridge with all the latest updates installed?

Thanks in advance to any help.

2. andersonpaac

A HDMI monitor would be better considering LB just got HDCP upgrade for all devices running HDMI

3. spudraleigh

I used my Samsung Tab S 8.4 but the screen reflection, even with a big hood made it unusable. A shame since the screen is so beautiful normally. So then I tried an Elkin HD monitor from B&H also with a big hood. Much brighter but still not great.

Finally broke down and bought the Zeiss Cinemizer and I love them! Never had a problem with them, can see very clearly and no issues whatsoever. I bought the sun shield for them and it is like sitting in a darkened theater in front of a big screen. They cost $$$ though but for me, they are worth it. :cool:

4. Haze

Have used Ipad 2 Iphone 4s iphone 6+ and a HDMI monitor, and i must say a HDMI monitor is the best by far, least lag of them all and i use a tripod witha arm mount for monitor so i can have monitor straight in front of me not down in hands.

5. Skunky

I use a samsung galaxy tab 8.4 with no issues. I use a antiglare screen protector and a separate hood. I routinely go 1500+ meters in 1080p 60fps with no drop outs or image degradation. I run in realtime mode as well with very little unnoticeable lag.

PS. Zeiss goggles are not HD. Their 870x500 per eye.

6. spudraleigh

I wish I could have used my Tab S 8.4 cause it has the most beautiful screen imaginable but I couldn't get past the glare no matter what I did. That's why I switched to the Zeiss goggles. They are not HD but they're are still fantastic especially with the rubber light protection installed. I know many people use tablets/phones for viewing but my eyes are too light sensitive I guess.

For me the bottom line is, whatever works best for you is what you should use ;)

7. neilnasdaq1

Link to HDMI monitor?

8. jlindh

9. spudraleigh

Yes, they plug right into your HDMI source, in my case the HDMI out of the LB. If you want to plug them into your phone to watch a movie or something, you will need an MHL adapter.