Most appropriate video editing software

If you're a mac guy, the included iMovie sw is very easy to use and free with any Apple device (iPad, iPhone, Macbook, iMac etc.). Down the road, if you get more into producing video's it's a small and familiar jump into Final Cut Pro X after using iMovie for a while.

You cannot go wrong with Windows movie maker get it 2 start with then if u feel u want 2 spend money but it's unnecessary then purchase something with whistles and bells but u won't need it!!

Hi Rodger, do you know how the Intel i5 compares to the AMD A10 processor by any chance? When I tried Resolve, it was like it had gone on strike. Gorgeous software but no chance on a laptop.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
You can compare CPU performance on Passmark, but you'll need more info about the A10 in your laptop. Can you obtain the complete CPU p/n?
upload_2016-2-3_12-34-47.png

Generally speaking though, with an A10 CPU that system is powerful enough to edit 1080P video with no problem. I assume you're running Windows7 correct? I suggest Pinnacle Studio, or Adobe Premier Elements. Both are around $80, however you can get a package deal with Adobe for $120 for Premier Elements and Photoshop Elements, which is a darn good deal if you need a photo editor.

Pinnacle Studio includes 60 days of free video training. You can find Premier Elements training also on Lynda.com, among others.

Don't even think of editing or shooting 4K, it would be a waste of time and SD card space. You'll be happy with 1080P as a beginning, it's great.

Last edited:
Reactions: movius
Is'n it Corel that own Pinnacle?

Yup sure does and also owns Roxio - they are a Canadian company located in Ottawa, Ontario. I like their VideoStudio platform and find it easy to learn and use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers