Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Morro Bay Ca

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TinMan66, Aug 24, 2016.

1. TinMan66

Anyone have some good spots to get some nice shots without getting run off?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

2. FlashBuddy

I would think you could drive out to the rock park in the parking lot move away from people and launch your drone with no problems. I also think you could drive out to the Back Bay Park in the lot walk out to a spot with not many people around here nobody around and launch your drone with the problems get some great Harbor shots there. You can drive north up the Coast Highway to I think it's called Atascadero State Beach pull up in the parking lot there and I recall there's a small Campground and day use - launch the drone and then fly along the coast. Don't forget Cayucos, just ten minutes or so North. Fly south and and I think you might make it to Morrow Rock. Bring Windsurfers just in case. Finally, rent a canoe, paddle across the bay to the dunes. You should find plenty of space and quiet there - until you launch that is :)

NoCo Drones

3. TinMan66

Thanks for the tips. City of Morro Bay has a ordinance banning drones in and around the harbor. I talked with them on the phone trying to get permission to fly there. Cayucos said they don't have anything banning them. So no problem there. Thought I would go out to Montano de oro in Los Osos.

4. zander lane

...please report back - very curious as to the vibe on droning up there lately!

5. TinMan66

Will do. Heading there Labor Day weekend.