Morning all!

Reaction score
Good morning, or afternoon depending on where you are!

Just a quick message to introduce myself, got a phantom a month ago to start doing aerial photography with, what a bit of kit it is! Although its just come back from the chopper hospital after an accidental landing in the local lake, it's ready to fly again. If anyone's interested Ive got afew videos of YouTube, www.youtube.com/NLHPhotography.

I look forward to having a nosey through and see what others get up to.

Cheers, Nathan.

Very cool video's!
I like how you have them all set up as a channel on youtube.

So you took your Phantom for a swim?
...and were able to rebuild it?? what were the damages, and how'd you find parts!?

Cheers folks!

Well, without sounding big headed I would like to think I am a pretty confident flyer with the phantom, I usually use the Peli case I carry it in to take off from. Two weeks ago at the local lake I took off and the copter must of got at least 2ft off the ground before veering off swiftly to one side, or course my first reaction was to set it back down which I did. But the momentum made it carry along the concrete and stop just on the edge of the lake, before plopping over the side! Thankfully it's only around 4ft deep so I was able to fish it out pretty quickly. There was afew model boaters there who advised I take it home and stick it under the shower as fresh water on the circuit board is better than saltwater! So here's me sat showering a 500 copter off thinking what a prat I had made of myself. Anyways, I friend of mine put me onto a RC heli enthusiast, who just so happened to be an ex aviation electronic engineer. He washed it all in meths and properly dried it, he said it needed 4 new ESCs which cost £28 each. He tested the GPS and motors seperate and there all ok, thankfully! He gave it a good few hours flight time aswell and put it through its paces, so I think I got off rather lightly to be honest!

Lucky man!! Coulda been way worse!
a few guys out there have lost their Phantoms out to sea :(
(along with their GoPro and FPV's)

I'm thinking of rigging some floaties on the occasions where I know I'll be flying over water.

I've been thinking that my back yard will not be a good place to operate due to most of it being our swimming pool... but on the other hand, it also means I have a perfect setup for testing various configurations of floaties, pontoons, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1