More P3 Accessories For Sale!

€380 for a bag is just nuts! Don't get me started on the price of the controller but at least the €60 for the fast charger and €6 for props (hopefully for a set of 2) ain't bad

Glad to see the batteries available, wish they could come down on price.

Even a standard 4's battery is expensive. Being as how DJI battery's are "smart" batteries the price can be justified. If it were cheap many others would make it also

Being as how DJI battery's are "smart" batteries the price can be justified.
I don't consider them smart. All 4 of my P2V batteries bloated up and resulted in my drone hitting a tree and getting stuck about 15-20 meters up in the air (auto-land without visibility and no RTH due to battery fault) and another time keeling over due to rapid landing as the battery problem was causing automated descent (that cannot be overridden except with high left stick input).
I only hope they have improved with the P3. The auto-discharge feature may be a big improvement to prevent the bloating. Fingers crossed.

I'm sure going to look after my TX - I wouldn't want to pay that much for a replacement.....

http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-remote-controller

...it's just as well the TX doesn't fly..
wink.gif

The backpack is overpriced for a backpack BUT it is Manfrotto and almost all Manfrotto gear holds a very high price tag. With it comes quality and lifetime warranties...but you will pay about half that much for a Pelican case with wheels that will fit the Phantom 3 and they are usually known as expensive. You can find some low quality (but effective) backpacks on eBay for $50-60US coming from China as well.

Manfrotto Backpack: $329US from DJI
Pelican 1560 w/ Foam: $165US from BHPhotoVideo
Pelican 1560 w/ Dividers: $210US from BHPhotoVideo
Pelican 1560 w/ Custom Foam: $358US from MyCaseBuilder
GoProfressional Backpack: $239US from GoProfessionalCases

I agree! Come on, $329.00 for a backpack?
There's a sucker born every minute. Trust me on this one - they'll find buyers.

I'm particularly drawn to the "dump it all in here" concept - you know, the same concept as a cloth shopping bag.

They discontinued the hard shell [from the site] that was supposed to compartmentalize the components from each other safely, and adopted the shopping bag concept - at twice the price. Incredible!

The backpack is overpriced for a backpack BUT it is Manfrotto and almost all Manfrotto gear holds a very high price tag. With it comes quality and lifetime warranties...but you will pay about half that much for a Pelican case with wheels that will fit the Phantom 3 and they are usually known as expensive. You can find some low quality (but effective) backpacks on eBay for $50-60US coming from China as well.

Manfrotto Backpack: $329US from DJI
Pelican 1560 w/ Foam: $165US from BHPhotoVideo
Pelican 1560 w/ Dividers: $210US from BHPhotoVideo
Pelican 1560 w/ Custom Foam: $358US from MyCaseBuilder
GoProfressional Backpack: $239US from GoProfessionalCases
I just got the backpack from DJI today. It's super nice. I think it might be even nicer than my small Tumi backpack that is quite a bit smaller and cost me $300. I think you get what you pay for. I've tried the hardshell cases GoProfessional with my Vision but I always felt I looked like the unibomber walking around with that big black case..HaHa

People can buy a cheaper backpack but there is always some type of compromise. Not with this one as it has DJI's stamp of approval. Pay for the better backpack and live a little.

There's no getting around it: DJIs prices are ridiculous. If I need a new transmitter, I'll just buy a new P3A for a little more and then have a spare older copter. Outrageous.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan