More NFZ BS

Reaction score
Since I have a P3 Standard, which has no beta firmware available, I cannot unlock NFZ's: Android Beta issues with NFZ

Since I live inside the OAK airport NFZ, I drove outside of where the map is showing the NFZ:

Rl8K9sf.jpg

But after setting everything up there, and connecting to the bird, a second NFZ appears out of nowhere, also centered on OAK:

omw1Mm6.jpg

As soon as I disconnect, the map goes back to how it was before, with only one small NFZ. The map at: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography also only shows the single smaller NFZ.

I'm getting really fed up with DJI.

I'm within 5 miles of jfk airport in ny and i get no nfz

The second larger circle looks to be the 5 mile radius one. Weird that both would only show the 1.5mile radius one originally. It's almost like the maps are just showing that there is an airport there - Looking at Atlanta airport - it does the same thing. It's almost like the circle is just big enough to encompass the airport property.

You're right in alignment with the runway! Could it be the software takes that into consideration?

You're right in alignment with the runway! Could it be the software takes that into consideration?
If you pull the same airport up win the DJI app, you see the same circle, without it knowing where you are. But that would be cool, as HOPEFULLY if you're to the side of the runway you're out of the way!

I think everyone would agree that flying below the tree line, a mile away from a runway is perfectly safe and responsible. DJI's limits remove all common sense decision making from the operator, and implement crude restrictions because they're too lazy to come up with more intelligent ones.

But, DJI did just send me this, which may or may not help:

There's a firmware available for Phantom 3 Standard now.

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

You might need to request for unlocking certificate through onine website.

One more thing, if you want to fly in red area (enhanced warning area), I'm afraid that you might not able to do that.

Please note that we do not recommend to fly over RED NFZ. For the yellow zone, customer's able to unlock by themselves through the GEO system.

The GEO system is just published for US, Canada and Europe, United Arab Emirate.

If you want to unlock the RED NFZ, you need to provide materials as follows:

1. The organization must provide a written statement that they are legally allowed to fly in their intended area

2. The ID of the person signing the document must be provided

3. The attached disclaimer must be signed

4. The attached NDA must be signed

5. Name, address of the area to be unlocked

6. Intended time to fly.

Thank you for your patience.

Last edited:
I think everyone would agree that flying below the tree line, a mile away from a runway is perfectly safe and responsible. DJI's limits remove all common sense decision making from the operator, and implement crude restrictions because they're too lazy to come up with more intelligent ones.

But, DJI did just send me this, which may or may not help:

The thing you have to remember is that most people are ****ing morons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers