More goodies...more money(Gimbal Saver, Bag, Amps)

Reaction score
More goodies came in the mail today and I went and bought some as well haha!

Mail brought me :
4W 2.4ghz amplifier
5w 5.8ghz amplifier
3000mah Dual Lead LiPo battery
20160523_225846.jpg

Gimbal Saver (I have modded it to be closer to the actual gimbal and allows less of a tolerance in case it decides to detach lol, it shouldn't)
20160523_225532.jpg
20160523_225610.jpg

I also bought a head umbrella for the normal Florida days where its impossible to see the screen, hopefully it will help!
20160523_230113.jpg

Reactions: Squirrel!
I also have a friend in a store... so I can get some really insane prices on drone stuff. Here is the bag I got... I am in love so far. EVERYTHING in it is Velcroed in. Came with zip pouch to hold batteries and whatever else you can think of(I put my lens, gimbal guard, sun shades, cables). Also had a spot for the stock controller but mine is far from stock and im not breaking it down every time, so I use that provided pocket as a support instead and holds other items.
20160523_225754.jpg
20160523_225804.jpg
20160523_225813.jpg
20160523_230302.jpg
20160523_230312.jpg
20160523_230318.jpg

I don't know what you guys do for mobile power units to charge on the go(besides the car plug, I have that as well). By day I am a electronic repair man so I need mobile power. Here are two units I have dedicated to the drone and no longer use for work. 1- 12,000mah with AC plug and 1-27,000mah with AC outlet.
20160523_230334.jpg
20160523_230359.jpg

Oh yea.... With the boosters, tonight I got 3500ft over extreme ingested area with no cut outs or signal drops(I turned around due to running out of sunlight)... its was quite pleasing!!!! (Normally I get 2500ft-ish with extreme cut outs and turn arounds and re-attempts)

Reactions: Squirrel!
Some serious mods. I'm curious what range you could reach in open areas.
I've got the same bag as yours and it is really versatile.

Some serious mods. I'm curious what range you could reach in open areas.
I've got the same bag as yours and it is really versatile.
I can't wait to get her over open area too!!! I know 12,000ft will be NO issue. I love the bag, I have already re-organized everything. The picture was as good as I could get it sitting in the back seat when I originally purchased it.

Not a fan of that bag at all.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's cool bud

Re organized the bag. I really like it, everything is secure and safe.

Attachments

• 1464096867102.jpg
    1464096867102.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 360
One thing that I don't like about this bag is the inside top part which is used for propeller storage. This part kind off "touches" my P3S motors so I took it off. Also it is not easy to insert propellers to this "propeller holder" then it is inside the bag. So I'm not using this, I have arranged another spot to place propellers :).
But overall it's a good bag and can be used for any 400 mm frame category quads.

Re organized the bag. I really like it, everything is secure and safe.

One thing that I don't like about this bag is the inside top part which is used for propeller storage. This part kind off "touches" my P3S motors so I took it off. Also it is not easy to insert propellers to this "propeller holder" then it is inside the bag. So I'm not using this, I have arranged another spot to place propellers :).
But overall it's a good bag and can be used for any 400 mm frame category quads.

I believe thats why it has a handle on it... You carry it outside the bag but when you get where you are going and have the bag open you Velcro it back in.

In the updated picture that is out of my bag as well.... I carry it separate with my extra props and some cables etc etc.. snap it back on when i arrive :)

Yes that's a good idea :)

I believe thats why it has a handle on it... You carry it outside the bag but when you get where you are going and have the bag open you Velcro it back in.

In the updated picture that is out of my bag as well.... I carry it separate with my extra props and some cables etc etc.. snap it back on when i arrive :)

Reactions: MTR-Aerial
More goodies came in the mail today and I went and bought some as well haha!

Mail brought me :
4W 2.4ghz amplifier
5w 5.8ghz amplifier
3000mah Dual Lead LiPo battery
View attachment 54891

Gimbal Saver (I have modded it to be closer to the actual gimbal and allows less of a tolerance in case it decides to detach lol, it shouldn't)View attachment 54883 View attachment 54884

I also bought a head umbrella for the normal Florida days where its impossible to see the screen, hopefully it will help!View attachment 54892
Can you make a tutorial on how to install the amps?

Attaching the amps I used screws that I have in my tool box into the pre drilled holes by FPVLR. Powered by a dual lead lipo battery purchased from FPVLR as well. I attached the battery with double sided tape, you can use velcro if youd like

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31