more FPV questions

Reaction score
i have been doing tons of research. basically as i understand it there are two ways to get the signal for FPV. You can mount a whole extra camera to get your feed or with a little modding get the signal coming directly out of the GoPro.

My question is if you go the second route and get it from the gopro, and have the gopro on timelapse mode (make believe one every second) what will your viewpoint look like on your FPV goggles or screen? Will it look like a flipbook, at 1/sec, or does it not work at all in this manner?

only reason I ask is sometimes when I am purposely flying for pictures and not video, I set it up in timelapse mode so that I land and have 1000 pictures to choose from. If the transmitters do not work in timelapse mode then I guess I would have to do the whole other camera feed option so I can at least have a frame of reference for my shots while the gopro is still doing its own thing on timelapse mode.

MILLER4PRESIDENT2020 said:
My question is if you go the second route and get it from the gopro, and have the gopro on timelapse mode (make believe one every second) what will your viewpoint look like on your FPV goggles or screen? Will it look like a flipbook, at 1/sec, or does it not work at all in this manner?

My recollection is that this doesn't work. You'll get a black screen on your FPV for the entire duration of capture, as soon as you trip the shutter to begin the intervalometer. I've only tried it at default settings (1pic/0.5sec?).

I often use the GoPro in time lapse mode (5sec). The FPV view is fine, there is a brief blackout (split second) each time the 'shutter' triggers, but this doesn't really impede the experience for me - I actually find it quite handy to know exactly when the shutter goes off, I then know whether I got the shot or not.

xpower180 said:
I often use the GoPro in time lapse mode (5sec). The FPV view is fine, there is a brief blackout (split second) each time the 'shutter' triggers, but this doesn't really impede the experience for me - I actually find it quite handy to know exactly when the shutter goes off, I then know whether I got the shot or not.

I just tested. It does NOT work with 0.5-second or 1-second intervalometer. It DOES work just fine with 2-second, 5-second and up. There is a very brief blackout when a picture is taken.

thanks, i thought i have read in some other posts that using the gopro as the signal source can sometimes cause it to lock up. Anyone else confirm this or elaborate? I have a hero 3 black

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31