More current Dronexpert vs Rotorpixel gimbals

Reaction score
Bought a Vision a week before the Plus was released. Need a gimbal . Research yields Dronexpert and Rotorpixel. Have read many separate reviews ( mostly not current but few months old). Besides Dronexpert 7th Cnannel for separate yaw control has anyone compared the pros and cons eg stability of video and battery drain. Help me make a decision soon. Are there any other vendors for Vision 2 gimbals? Don't want to go Zenmuse/GoPro as want to use Vision 2 camera.
Another question does the 3rd axis yaw stabilization make a big difference - I am a hobbyist not professional

Bumblebee said:
Bought a Vision a week before the Plus was released. Need a gimbal . Research yields Dronexpert and Rotorpixel. Have read many separate reviews ( mostly not current but few months old). Besides Dronexpert 7th Cnannel for separate yaw control has anyone compared the pros and cons eg stability of video and battery drain. Help me make a decision soon. Are there any other vendors for Vision 2 gimbals? Don't want to go Zenmuse/GoPro as want to use Vision 2 camera.
Another question does the 3rd axis yaw stabilization make a big difference - I am a hobbyist not professional

There is the cheaper Goodluckbuy option, Taco-toy extreme option, and of course the MotorPixie (DIY) project. No flying versions of 3 axis gimbals for the FC200 (yet).

Opwan said:
Why would you want to use the Phantom camera instead of a GoPro? I had the Vision+ and went back to a Phantom 2 with Zenmuse and GoPro. The video is just better. Don't get me wrong the Vision camera is not bad, I also like being able to use a monitor instead of a cell phone or tablet. Monitors are way easier to see in daylight.

Maybe the price point? I didn't want to get locked in to using a bunch of extras while I was deciding whether or not I was going to upgrade this hobby to a larger, possibly hexacopter setup (I likely will now). The Vision 2+ turned me off right after launch when seeing all the complaints of broken and bent gimbals on hard landings. I had one or two hard landings and while the Vision single axis gimbal isn't the greatest, for now it does what I need it to do since I'm only a hobbyist and it survived better than many of the other complaints I've seen on here.

For me, it's 25/75. 25 percent enjoyment of the footage I get flying the P2V, and 75 percent flying it.

DIY, since I'm an old RC airplane guy, is the next natural step.

I can always sell the P2V at a little loss but still get something back. That's why I like bonus checks from my job. :cool:

Thanks Opwan and Big Tulsa. Yeah the price aspect is a consideration and I have the P2V camera which is good for photos and would be fine for video if I stabilize the platform with a gimbal. I would have a big loss selling the P2V since the release of the plus. Can a Zenmuse with Go Pro be fitted to a P2v?

I have been tempted to get a GoPro to use on my motorbike helmet - but the wife is happy to video from the pillion so I wouldn't benefit from multi-tasking the GoPro.

Bumblebee said:
Thanks Opwan and Big Tulsa. Yeah the price aspect is a consideration and I have the P2V camera which is good for photos and would be fine for video if I stabilize the platform with a gimbal. I would have a big loss selling the P2V since the release of the plus. Can a Zenmuse with Go Pro be fitted to a P2v?

I have been tempted to get a GoPro to use on my motorbike helmet - but the wife is happy to video from the pillion so I wouldn't benefit from multi-tasking the GoPro.

You can use a Feiyu hand held gimbal modified for the bike helmet. YouTube it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik