More bad press

We have people in here in other "threads" who do not think you should post "impossible" things like that) they "know" it is not possible for a drone to injure faces.SO I took em off. Is that a good anaology ? To date, I have not heard of bench saws or SkillSaws going out of control, flying away from their owner's position,and chooping up some third party innocent and unrelated bystander.
Don't you ever give up on your unbalanced campaigning?
By focussing exclusively on the exceptionally rare potential for injury from drone props, you aren't aware that life is full of risks in every activity.
To follow your "reasoning" you'd restrict just about everything.
Consider this as just one of thousands of real dangers in comon activities:
Baseball Injuries Statistics for Practice and Games

]

........................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................

DRONE HEALTH

I hope you did not mean to insult or cast dispersions on my culture. I respect yours, and thus do not knowingly make racially or culturally insensitive remarks about yours.

Let me explain, in case you didn't know. Here in the real west, we have a phenomena called DUDE RANCHES. Been an active and popular business in the real west going back well over a hundred years. I believe there are seven DUDE RANCHES down in Wickenberg alone.

The purpose of a DUDE RANCH is to provide a place were pretentious eastern "city slickers" can come out and "play cowboy"...get their picture taken on a horse to impress their eastern "city slicker" friends. Yes, we are glad they come out here and are glad they spend their money. But privately, I must confess - we have a certain contempt for them and their ways. But we try and avoid being "insensitive" in public. Yes, we call them "DUDES". And yes, we, amongst ourselves, use this over a hundred-year-old term knowing EXACTLY what we mean !

May I suggest, for dental health reasons, you do not go into a bar here in the REAL west and start calling folks "DUDES". It is considering a "fighting insult", meaning, you get involved in a fight after calling someone a "DUDE", and you can not plead "self defense".

Yes - we do get newspapers out here, radio, television, even the Internet. So I am quite familiar with the "cultural" differences between "your kind" and mine.,

Bottom line - how about showing a little respect and courtesy for my culture and its use of words, and I continue to do the same for yours.

]

........................................................................................................

...............................................................................................................

DRONE HEALTH

I hope you did not mean to insult or cast dispersions on my culture. I respect yours, and thus do not knowingly make racially or culturally insensitive remarks about yours.

Let me explain, in case you didn't know. Here in the real west, we have a phenomena called DUDE RANCHES. Been an active and popular business in the real west going back well over a hundred years. I believe there are seven DUDE RANCHES down in Wickenberg alone.

The purpose of a DUDE RANCH is to provide a place were pretentious eastern "city slickers" can come out and "play cowboy"...get their picture taken on a horse to impress their eastern "city slicker" friends. Yes, we are glad they come out here and are glad they spend their money. But privately, I must confess - we have a certain contempt for them and their ways. But we try and avoid being "insensitive" in public. Yes, we call them "DUDES". And yes, we, amongst ourselves, use this over a hundred-year-old term knowing EXACTLY what we mean !

May I suggest, for dental health reasons, you do not go into a bar here in the REAL west and start calling folks "DUDES". It is considering a "fighting insult", meaning, you get involved in a fight after calling someone a "DUDE", and you can not plead "self defense".

Yes - we do get newspapers out here, radio, television, even the Internet. So I am quite familiar with the "cultural" differences between "your kind" and mine.,

Bottom line - how about showing a little respect and courtesy for my culture and its use of words, and I continue to do the same for yours.

Yeah sure, whatever. Yer looking for a fight, I won't be it. You have picked a cause that is ludicrous, enjoy it. I, at least, won't be seeing any more of it as I mosey over to the ignore button and push it.

So get over yerself dude.

Reactions: Meta4
Don't you ever give up on your unbalanced campaigning?...........exclusively on the exceptionally rare potential for injury from drone props, you aren't aware that life is full of risks in every activity.................To follow your "reasoning" you'd restrict just about everything. real dangers in comon activities: . . . .Baseball Injuries Statistics for Practice and Games

.................................................................................................................
My apologies - you are correct - that is why I am no longer mentioning what can happen with drones that do not have prop guards.

I realize now, for example, that I have no clue what happens when you put ordinary guards on drones - I did not know until recently they become "sails" and prevent a drone from being controllable in high winds. ( had some custom guards made for mine - special unique guards that are invisible to the wind.

And anyway, my particular Phantom was custom made for me - I am new to this - had no way of knowing only my particular drone has super-motors that can overcome what normal prop guards due to all other Phantoms.)

May I inquire - all those other "threads" in this Forum where people are discussing such things, even, in several cases, posting photographs of people's arms and faces sliced up by guard-less drones? Don't you think you should notify the management of this forum about them, so we can get all such posts halted, or better yet, censored so you don't have to hear about their nonsense any more?

Yes - there is a direct comparison between people voluntarily going into a baseball stadium or voluntarily playing baseball, and someone unrelated to us and our hobby, walking down a street.

Yes, people playing baseball, having voluntarily taking part in an activity where some folks get injured, know there is a hazard. ( could that explain why some baseball fields have back-stops of chain-link fence ? )

So - dont we drone operators have a right to do whatever we want, without regulation or design restrictions that ruin the drone experience ?

After all, shouldn't people who voluntarily run around outside the security of their own homes, accept we can only operate our drones without blade guards, and if they don't like that, they should get out of our way ?

Let me give you an example how "product liability" concerns, and horribly expensive litigation, has ruined automobile design. Beware those attitudes - they could ruin our drone hobby!

My 1938 Packard V-12 has a magnificent hood/radiator ornament, consisting of a swan with outstretched wings, with sharp blades AND they come to a sharp point. The **** party-poopers no longer allow cars to be manufactured with sharp, dangerous hood ornaments.

And the dash-board is nice hard steel, with nice big knobs you can see. Since there is little possibility of an accident, no need for a padded dash without sharp nobs protruding... another example of silly regulations ruining designers ability to design us a spectacular product....

Those heavy steel doors - with wood as part of their structure ? The door latch "striker-plates" are screwed into the wood frame. Of course it is impossible that in a high speed accident, those heavy doors, which close with such a quality sound......could fly open....but after all, isn't it better to be ejected after an accident, than to be strapped in with those silly seat belts we are now FORCED to accept when we buy a current-issue car?

Bottom line - you are right,...and I am wrong...I bow to your superior knowledge of product liability litigation and regulation.

................................ You have picked a cause that is ludicrous.......... as I mosey over to the ignore button and push it. .

.....................................................................................................

Good idea - you did the right thing in putting me on IGGY- I recommend any of you who have more experience than I in defending "product liability" cases do the same thing....!

]

DRONE HEALTH

Around here we have a definition of a "dude". It is a person who was circumcised with pinking shears

Poor Journalism at it's best. Interject "Stephanie's" OPINION from 11 floors away. Seems an agenda driven "journalist" was foaming at the mouth with this one. That said, not a good thing to have a drone going through a window at all.

I wonder if prop guards would have somehow changed the physics, trajectory, overall mass, and/or velocity of this drone to the point that it wouldn't have broken a window........

I wonder if prop guards would have somehow changed the physics, trajectory, overall mass, and/or velocity of this drone to the point that it wouldn't have broken a window........
. . . . . . . . . .

Good question. The prop guards I have, appear to be of some super strong, yet quite flexible material. Being new to this, and lacking in anything resembling skill, I have managed to ram my Phantom 3 into all manner of objects, including a glass window on two different occasions.

If my admittedly "amateur grade" hunch is correct, a prop guard acts as a shock-absorbing bumper, protecting not only the props, but also what the drone hits.

If that hunch is correct, an errant drone with prop guards may be less likely to break thru a glass window than one with "naked" extremely high speed prop. blades

. . . . . . . . . .

Good question. The prop guards I have, appear to be of some super strong, yet quite flexible material. Being new to this, and lacking in anything resembling skill, I have managed to ram my Phantom 3 into all manner of objects, including a glass window on two different occasions.

If my admittedly "amateur grade" hunch is correct, a prop guard acts as a shock-absorbing bumper, protecting not only the props, but also what the drone hits.

If that hunch is correct, an errant drone with prop guards may be less likely to break thru a glass window than one with "naked" extremely high speed prop. blades
Good point but with or without guards it will break that window ,the drone weight will not bounce off window ,mayby bit of shock absorbing there but if it going in that direction it wont airbrake in time and momentem will carrie it,,,excuse my spelling

I forgot to turn on my sarcasm font...

I am new to this - had no way of knowing only my particular drone has super-motors that can overcome what normal prop guards due to all other Phantoms.)
Why do you fill your posts with so much of this nonsense? It makes it even harder to take seriously.
May I inquire - all those other "threads" in this Forum where people are discussing such things, even, in several cases, posting photographs of people's arms and faces sliced up by guard-less drones? Don't you think you should notify the management of this forum about them, so we can get all such posts halted, or better yet, censored so you don't have to hear about their nonsense any more?
Yes .. there are photos of injuries from props.
But what you seem to have missed is that 99% of those photos are of the owners of those drones (or R/C planes) and not uninvolved strangers.
The runaway drone hitting bystanders that you imagine is an incredibly rare event.
It's so rare that your uninformed campaign just isn't credible.

OMG ...

Well, you all can sit here and argue it to death, the real professionals look at the the thread twice a day.

Once before going out to fly, and if the second, after finishing flying for the day.

If you're here all day arguing, I can only infer that you're here to argue, because you're not out flying.

Electric, gas, fusion powered, don't really care. If it has a prop, it has the capability in the right circumstances to injure you when in operation. Plan and simple.

To say you don't gamble or play odds is ridiculous. Sure you do, we ALL do every time you take off.

One of the fundamental aspects of aviation is risk management. Manage it: I'm not going to hijack with how, you should know by now.

In the end, you will attract the attention of your Cow Overlords once they take over the planet, right now they are aligning with Dolphins in the ocean ...

0462f73bfc9d24b27f6c9c800bd507af.jpg

Gotta go fly now (Full scale, meaning someone is in trouble, alas ....)

Good point but with or without guards it will break that window ......,,,excuse my spelling

. . . .

I will excuse your spelling, but not your blanket conclusion. You are simply wrong. Until I "got the hang of it" my Phantom 3 hit TWO windows in my house - at a pretty good speed. (hard to estimate....15-20 mph ? ). One is a door-sized window - the other is a more or less "standard sized" window. Whatever my prop-guards are made of - they sure are great "shock-aborbers"...!

But again - let me repeat I recognize I am not being fair to you guys who MUST not have prop guards.

1) As I noted earlier, I had special custom-made prop guards that came equipped with a " wind cloaking device" so high winds cant see them. Thanks to that special "wind cloaking device" those prop guards I have cannot cannot act as a "sail" . We had high winds the other day here in the Prescott area....I continued to goof off with my drone...but when the wind got strong....of course I turned on that "wind cloaking device".

2) Yes, I "get it"..with ordinary "prop. guards" the Phantom can barely struggle to get off the ground....So I appreciate you guys not wanting them. Must be absolutely pathetic...so "un-cool" to watch a Phantom with prop. guards.....struggling to get into the air.

So, as I noted elsewhere - the company that sold me my Phantom equipped it with "super dooper prop-guard fighting special power" motors. Only one in the world! SOOOO powerful it flies around even with prop guards...to the point where I can not see a measureable difference between when I first got it....and after I put those "wind cloaking device" special prop. guards on it

. . . .

I will excuse your spelling, but not your blanket conclusion. You are simply wrong. Until I "got the hang of it" my Phantom 3 hit TWO windows in my house - at a pretty good speed. (hard to estimate....15-20 mph ? ). One is a door-sized window - the other is a more or less "standard sized" window. Whatever my prop-guards are made of - they sure are great "shock-aborbers"...!

But again - let me repeat I recognize I am not being fair to you guys who MUST not have prop guards.

1) As I noted earlier, I had special custom-made prop guards that came equipped with a " wind cloaking device" so high winds cant see them. Thanks to that special "wind cloaking device" those prop guards I have cannot cannot act as a "sail" . We had high winds the other day here in the Prescott area....I continued to goof off with my drone...but when the wind got strong....of course I turned on that "wind cloaking device".

2) Yes, I "get it"..with ordinary "prop. guards" the Phantom can barely struggle to get off the ground....So I appreciate you guys not wanting them. Must be absolutely pathetic...so "un-cool" to watch a Phantom with prop. guards.....struggling to get into the air.

So, as I noted elsewhere - the company that sold me my Phantom equipped it with "super dooper prop-guard fighting special power" motors. Only one in the world! SOOOO powerful it flies around even with prop guards...to the point where I can not see a measureable difference between when I first got it....and after I put those "wind cloaking device" special prop. guards on it

I was going to put rubbers on to keep my shoes clean. But after reading this tripe I'd better put on my waders as it's getting deep.

Reactions: Floyd
......reading this tripe I'd better put on my waders ............
. . . . . . . . .

You are being very unfair. And inappropriate. I have not called the posts of those who disagree with me "tripe", nor have I suggested I needed waders to handle their posts...

Nor have I questioned their honesty, integrity, sanity or masculinity. Perhaps you should review our "Community Guidelines ?

For all I know if you put the kind of prop. guards these "experienced" guys have access to on their Phantoms, all manner of embarssing things will happen to them, their drones, their private parts...and ruin their photography work. I am new to this, and, as noted, I apparently have a way different situation than so many of you. Up here in Northern Arizona, we have a special "stealth wind" that when it gets above...oh...say 20 mph - (about the fastest I have operated my drone in) it goes into "stealth" mode....

And of course I have no experience with the kind of prop guards and drone motors you guys have. I have explained several times it appears from the comments of the "experts" in here, I must have special "super" prop. guards and special "super motors" on my Phantom.

So please...be fair....I made it clear I am new to all this; i wouldn't think of having the bad manners to question the "experts" in here.

. . . . . . . . .

You are being very unfair. And inappropriate. I have not called the posts of those who disagree with me "tripe", nor have I suggested I needed waders to handle their posts...

Nor have I questioned their honesty, integrity, sanity or masculinity. Perhaps you should review our "Community Guidelines ?

For all I know if you put the kind of prop. guards these "experienced" guys have access to on their Phantoms, all manner of embarssing things will happen to them, their drones, their private parts...and ruin their photography work. I am new to this, and, as noted, I apparently have a way different situation than so many of you. Up here in Northern Arizona, we have a special "stealth wind" that when it gets above...oh...say 20 mph - (about the fastest I have operated my drone in) it goes into "stealth" mode....

And of course I have no experience with the kind of prop guards and drone motors you guys have. I have explained several times it appears from the comments of the "experts" in here, I must have special "super" prop. guards and special "super motors" on my Phantom.

So please...be fair....I made it clear I am new to all this; i wouldn't think of having the bad manners to question the "experts" in here.

After a crash in my backyard when learning to fly back in March 2014 I broke two props and one prop guard on my first flight. That was the last time I used prop guards on my quad. Sure I've flown into the house, deck and phone cables. So what's the big deal props are cheap?

I'm sorry but this is TRIPE!! "("As I noted earlier, I had special custom-made prop guards that came equipped with a " wind cloaking device" so high winds cant see them. Thanks to that special "wind cloaking device" those prop guards I have cannot cannot act as a "sail" . We had high winds the other day here in the Prescott area....I continued to goof off with my drone...but when the wind got strong....of course I turned on that "wind cloaking device")".

...I'm sorry but this is TRIPE!! ".....")".[/QUOTE said:
. . .
You should be sorry - you are hurting my feelings. I was just trying to be helpful and understand the reasoning behind why so many of you cannot use prop guards......

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik