More bad press

Yes more bad press for Karma as well, especially as it has just been re-released. Hope they find the operator(Cannot say pilot), and deal with the owner accordingly.

Ignorance has no holiday!!

But that goes for people talking to the police too: "Poor lady. She’s lucky she wasn’t killed,” said Stephanie Bowden, 23, who was visiting her boyfriend’s apartment 11 floors below at the time."
Killed? Seriously?

Got to keep an open mind on this one. Possible compass error fly away? Not judging just yet, but could also be someone showing off and obviously cocked up. But I have to admit that lady was lucky not to be killed. I say that because a year ago (in the UK) some drunk thought it would be funny to throw a glass in a pub, the glass smashed against a pillar and the shard of glass actually slit a womans throat and she died within mins. Freak accident (well not an accident but you know what I mean) the same could have happened to this woman with the drone which makes me think... It's just a matter of time now before we hear of manslaughter charges with the accidental use of a drone.

Now I'm no saint with my drone. Yes I do head up to 500 metres and I have flown litchi waypoint missions over the shopping centre at around 100 metres high. But I would never fly near building so **** close. Even today I'm not flying as I'm hearing a helicopter flying near me for the last hour which doesn't happen where I am at all.

Neon Euc

Reactions: cmgood
Ignorance has no holiday!!

But that goes for people talking to the police too: "Poor lady. She’s lucky she wasn’t killed,” said Stephanie Bowden, 23, who was visiting her boyfriend’s apartment 11 floors below at the time."
Killed? Seriously?

And what does Stephanie really know about what happened 11 floors above her?

Jeff

Now I'm no saint with my drone. Yes I do head up to 500 metres and I have flown litchi waypoint missions over the shopping centre at around 100 metres high. But I would never fly near building so **** close. Even today I'm not flying as I'm hearing a helicopter flying near me for the last hour which doesn't happen where I am at all.
Neon Euc
It's looking for your drone ;)

couple of thoughts here
I would have thought that a window in a highrise that high up would be safety glass thick enough to prevent a person from falling out the window if they fell against it so how would a drone crash through it?

Also, they blamed a Phantom but said in article it was a different model. Then said Phanntom did not reply to inquiry.

A baby lost an eye to a UAV in England. They can be quite dangerous. Crashing through the window slowed it down. But in instances where a UAV is falling from heights, it could be lethally dangerous if someone were hit on the head. Like being hit with a rock.

What's really scary is that a 2.2 lb drone can break a window on the 27th floor of a building. Good thing the lady never leaned up against it.

What's really scary is that a 2.2 lb drone can break a window on the 27th floor of a building. Good thing the lady never leaned up against it.
Gives me a great idea for toughened glass testing. Mind you it's going to cost £3000 per test.

A baby lost an eye to a UAV in England. They can be quite dangerous. Crashing through the window slowed it down. But in instances where a UAV is falling from heights, it could be lethally dangerous if someone were hit on the head. Like being hit with a rock.
===================================================================

We have people in here in other "threads" who do not think you should post "impossible" things like that) they "know" it is not possible for a drone to injure faces.Others, in explaining why that don't want to hear discussions about the danger of "prop-guard-less" drones.... tell us that prop guards act as sails crippling your drone's ability to operate in wind.

Also elsewhere in this "thread", our self-appointed "experts" tell us that they are experienced drone operators, and drones never get away from experienced drone operators.

There is an old expression "your freedom ends where my nose begins". I am not clear on why some folks in here believe other people's faces need not be protected by prop guards.

Assuming it became a "product law" that drones must have prop. guards, isn't it true that some folks might remove them , arguing it is a "free country". ? I would agree - I personally found the blade guards on my power bench and "SkillSaw" inconvenient. SO I took em off. Is that a good anaology ? To date, I have not heard of bench saws or SkillSaws going out of control, flying away from their owner's position,and chooping up some third party innocent and unrelated bystander.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik