Moody cinematic footage shot with P2V

I'm amazed at the quality of videos and stills that are being taken by the pro cinematographers and photographers with the same equipment I've got in my kit.

This is a prime example. The P2V and its camera's capabilities are often maligned. Your video is proof that talent can override its shortcomings...

Nice...

-slinger

Agreed but this is a great platform to learn and create fun creative pieces where absolute quality is not critical. If a client with a budget was involved then it would be easier to step up with a much more sophisticated rig. The P2V is great for doing demos of what is possible.

Phantasmic said:
gunslinger said:
This is a prime example. The P2V and its camera's capabilities are often maligned. Your video is proof that talent can override its shortcomings...

The point of the comparisons is:

Just imagine what that talent could do with a video stream that was stabilized during capture (no need for quality degrading stabilization on post), a video stream that had 4x the amount of data (not heavily compressed), and a video stream that allowed the editor full control over WB, sharpening, noise reduction and color grading. Oh, and a stream with better dynamic range.

Many folks don't see the difference when viewed on small YouTube windows but view the final product full screen on a larger monitor or on large screen TVs and the difference is very noticeable.

Oh yeah... I absolutely agree. This platform is brand spanking new, but there are a number of creative individuals looking at what's lacking. In a very short period of time there'll be more than one gimbal choice as well as the ability to add filters to the camera. There's also a company supplying a lens retro-fit that eliminates the fish eye problems...

My point is that even with this brand new, flawed, platform... you can create some pretty incredible footage and stills. IF you have the talent to do so...

This gent obviously does...

-slinger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers