Montgomery county pa

Thanks for the good discussion and tips! This is my first post on the forum. I live near Ft. Washington State Park, and not far from Plymouth Meeting. It looks like that park's off-limits, if I'm reading various sites correctly. I'd love to hear any other suggestions for good spots to fy nearby.

Any 107 pilots in MONTCO or BUCKS looking for drone work? PM me and we can get together and fly a little.

Thanks for the good discussion and tips! This is my first post on the forum. I live near Ft. Washington State Park, and not far from Plymouth Meeting. It looks like that park's off-limits, if I'm reading various sites correctly. I'd love to hear any other suggestions for good spots to fy nearby.
Are you talking about National and State parks? I'm not sure about state parks, but as far as I know you can fly over national park as long as not taking off, landing or standing on their grounds while operating.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
around 12 minute mark.
My understanding that same should apply to State parks, parks can control their grounds, but have no jurisdiction about airspace above.

BTW, I'm near Valley Forge park and drive turnpike by Ft. Washington State Park for work everyday.

Nice, I might be going to Core Creek Park in the next few days. It's a nice area.

Hey - just curious...any luck at any local parks? Core creek, tyler, playwiki, veterans, etc? Did you just try and see what happens or did you find out specifically if they were permitted?

I just eyeing up an inspire and 107 since it’s been >15 years since I last flew a real plane :). Ive gotten into photography in the past few years and looking to expand a bit...I have a few shots planned out and Im just waiting to see if it’s okay!

Thanks!!

Last edited:
You could try Benjamin Rush State Park in Northeast Philly. There’s an AMA field there, you’re supposed to be an AMA member, but I flew there during the week once, no one was there. A little further N. On Rt.1 is Our Lady of Grace Cemetery, right next to it is a large open field where I’ve flown many times. I’ve also gotten thrown out of Tyler State Park. If you ever want to meet to fly let me know.

Hey guys! I know this thread is old (like me lol) but I just got my first drone and would like to find a local drone group. I live in Pottstown PA and hoping to find some people to learn from. My drone is a Phantom 4. Thanks in advance!

Jim

I'm in Phoenixville, I could meet you somewhere, trouble is where. If you know of an open space where we wouldn't be bothered that would be great. Drones are banned in all state parks and there's a lot of anti drone sentiment out there. If this is your first drone, the larger the area the better. I have a Phantom 4Pro that I fly for work and fun. I belong to the NJDUG Meetup group. They have a Meetup this Saturday from 11A to 4 at,

Ellisdale Farm Fields
410 Ellisdale Road
Chesterfield , nj 08515

It's a nice group, but most of the Meetups are in North Jersey, Ellisdale farm is one of the southern most that they do. Most of the members fly Mavics. There's also Phila Drones Social Impact on Meetup.

I'm in Phoenixville, I could meet you somewhere, trouble is where. If you know of an open space where we wouldn't be bothered that would be great. Drones are banned in all state parks and there's a lot of anti drone sentiment out there. If this is your first drone, the larger the area the better. I have a Phantom 4Pro that I fly for work and fun. I belong to the NJDUG Meetup group. They have a Meetup this Saturday from 11A to 4 at,

Ellisdale Farm Fields
410 Ellisdale Road
Chesterfield , nj 08515

It's a nice group, but most of the Meetups are in North Jersey, Ellisdale farm is one of the southern most that they do. Most of the members fly Mavics. There's also Phila Drones Social Impact on Meetup.
How about 450 acres locally (20 minutes from me). My son lives on it where he farms. He doesn’t own the land but has free use of it. He rents a home on the land and has a large commercial green house there. I don’t think it will be a problem but I need to get an OK first. Perhaps we could meet for coffee and chat initially and you could give me the heads up on this hobby. I also do quite a bit of 3D printing which looks like it could be useful.

I’m retired so my schedule is flexible. Let’s meet for coffee and chat. Maybe if I hear from my son by then we can go over to the farm so you can see the area. Maybe we could do Starbucks. There are several including the one in Collegeville and one close to me at the Philadelphia Premium Outlets but I’m easy so feel free to choose anything you like. Thanks a lot for the quick response!

Jim

Great! Let’s do the Collegeville Starbucks Thursday at 1PM. Looking forward to meeting you. If you need to get in touch my number is 2155287933.

OK, see you there. I'm 5'10 grey hair, black glasses. 215.880.7039 if anything changes.
Hey tried to call but you probably thought I was a crank caller lol. I have a shipment of resin for one of my printers that was supposed to come in yesterday but got delayed till today. If it’s ok lets push it back till tomorrow same place and time. Sorry for the delay but I don’t want this resin to freeze. See you tomorrow !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan