Montgomery County, PA (Philly area)

Reaction score
Hello...I'm completely new to flying (Phantom 2 Vision+) and new to the board as well! Been in the air for approximately 200 min over the past two weeks ~ having a blast and learning so much along the way. Anyone else in the area?

I'm in Montgomery county myself. I live by the Montgomery mall if you ever want to fly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome and from the looks of this board, not too many people flying in our area. I'm in Fort Washington, just down Rte 309. Would love to fly in Ft. Washington State Park with wide open spaces and beautiful views, but have heard that some state/federal parks are banning flights. In the meantime, I'm hanging out in my yard and local parks. Where do you typically fly in the area?
~Brad
P.S.: I teach in the Upper Dublin School District and was taking aerial shots of our HS the other day. Accidentally went above 400ft and apparently we're close enough to the Willow Grove AFB to be governed back down...

I typically have been flying in the little park in my neighborhood and flying around the vicinity. There is also windlestrae park right down the road I've flown in also. I didn't know the airbase was listed in the restricted zone. I looked that the list and it wasn't listed but I trust you because I have planes flying low right over me. If you ever wanna find a spot and fly I'd love too. I have a fpv setup I'm testing for distance and also the groundstation.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sounds great. You're right, I do have the latest firmware update and Willow Grove AFB was NOT listed on DJI's website as a restricted airport zone (which surprised me). However, when I went up this week the Phantom still had the stock parameters set (I believe it's about 2300ft vertical, and I've since changed it) Once I hit 400', signal was "lost" until it came below that ceiling...as a noobie, it freaked me out a bit, but when I realized how close I was to WGAVB, just made the assumption...

Let me know I'd you ever wanna meet up. I'm gonna do some flying tomorrow and test my range. I'd be glad to have someone to fly with.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: BobPA
Sorry to be late to the convo, I hope you guys end up seeing this. I am in Blue Bell and very new to the Phantom...new as in mine will be here Wednesday. If you guys are stilling getting together at times, let me know, as I have no idea what I am doing and could use some help.

Bluebell is right around the corner from me. Anytime you wanna fly hit me up. I'm always looking for a flying partner.

Awesome! Since I can't send you guys a PM, I guess because I am new, or the one two beers I had with dinner, try PMing me and I will get my contact info to you so we can set something up.

For whatever reason I can't PM either.

I have a couple of small quads I fly around, but I just received an f450. Should be here Tuesday and hope to get it together by the weekend.

Good stuff. I work in East Norriton and for the first couple of flights I have done I have done so from Stanbridge Street Park (it is behind the police station). So far so good...if any one is interested I am sure we could set up a time to meet up and fly around.

anybody in the ambler area? i just got my phantom and I'm trying to learn how to fly it and get more comfortable with it and i think flying with someone else or having someone with more experienced close at hand might be more reassuring. Hopefully people still look here!

Hey I am new here too, I live in Souderton and will be getting my PV2+ in a few days. Would like to hook up as well.
Thanks
Pete

Looking forward to some sort of (reasonable) training course in area. Contacting Liberty Flight School, but most of what I've seen so far relates to the "big boy" drones. Just purchased Phantom 2 and want to get very comfortable before going out in public. Hope someone will offer certification program soon.

Hello,
I live up in Bucks County just north of Doylestown. I belong to BBC which is a radio control club, and they have a field in the middle of a farm in Plumsteadville. It's wide open and a great place to fly. You have to be a member to use the fiekd, but well worth it.
I'd also be interested in meeting up and flying with others at other places.

Hello everyone. My name is Dave Wallace and new to this forum. I am currently not even a drone newbie but I am an RC airplane enthusiast. I am the president of the Sky Pirates RC Club that has been operating out of a field in Plumsteadville, Bucks County PA. for over 23 years. We are located on Route 413 a couple yards North of Township Line Rd. on the right. We are AMA sanctioned. We presently have approximately 20 members and one of the guys has a miniature hand held quad copter. That is the extent of our exposure to your area of the RC hobby. Our next monthly meeting is this coming Wednesday July 8th. We fly till about 7:00 then start the meeting. Wondering if anyone out there would be interested in stopping by to share the basics of the Drone/Quadcopter world with us. Typically a dozen or so members attend for a very low keyed informal gathering..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan