Montauk Lighthouse & Eastern Long Island

Reaction score
At the end of April my wife and I decided to get ahead of the seasonal traffic mayhem and go see Montauk Lighthouse and spend the night there. Took my Phantom with me, shot footage at the Lighthouse, winery and on the beach. Enjoy the video in HD!

http://youtu.be/EK4YCMDx3Q4

Very well done. Without any doubt, a skilled pilot and skilled video editor.

Re: Montauk Lighthouse & Eastern Long Island

hovikg said:
At the end of April my wife and I decided to get ahead of the seasonal traffic mayhem and go see Montauk Lighthouse and spend the night there. Took my Phantom with me, shot footage at the Lighthouse, winery and on the beach. Enjoy the video in HD!

Where else u do your flying?? I'm in wantagh myself....

hovikg said:

Hovikg!!
My wife and I go to Montauk every summer. I was going to hit that location, the beach below and some areas of that little private park area on the way to the lighthouse. Oh, especially the peak!

Where do you live in brooklyn?

edit:

You hit the wineries in Riverhead too! Thats Bedell! :) lol
You stole all of my ideas dammit!

dragonash said:
Hovikg!!
My wife and I go to Montauk every summer. I was going to hit that location, the beach below and some areas of that little private park area on the way to the lighthouse. Oh, especially the peak!
edit:

Haha, sorry. Although I wish I had gone during the summer to have more green in the video, but can't be bothered to deal with crowds and traffic. I'm sure you'll do better!

I'm in Bay Ridge.

AlTiTuDe06 said:

All over, pretty much. NY, NJ, CT... even Costa Rica.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hij8-oqX8e0

hovikg said:
dragonash said:
Hovikg!!
edit:

Haha, sorry. Although I wish I had gone during the summer to have more green in the video, but can't be bothered to deal with crowds and traffic. I'm sure you'll do better!

I'm in Bay Ridge.

AlTiTuDe06 said:

All over, pretty much. NY, NJ, CT... even Costa Rica.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hij8-oqX8e0

dude, bay ridge?
I'm on shore road! lol Right next to Xaverian HS. You werent by chance flying around 95th st the other night, were you? I had a couple people coming up to me in the park asking if it was me lol

My wife and I take off Wed - Fri from work in the summer, drive up Wed morning, leave Friday morning.
Beats all the traffic and crowds for both Wine Country trips and Montauk trips.

dragonash said:
dude, bay ridge?
I'm on shore road! lol Right next to Xaverian HS. You werent by chance flying around 95th st the other night, were you? I had a couple people coming up to me in the park asking if it was me lol

My wife and I take off Wed - Fri from work in the summer, drive up Wed morning, leave Friday morning.
Beats all the traffic and crowds for both Wine Country trips and Montauk trips.

Smart move!

I'm very close to you, on 72nd st. I used to fly in the parks along Belt during the winter just messing around and learning, but haven't been back there in a couple of months, so definitely wasn't me.

We should get the Phantoms together for a playdate one of these days lol

sure. My wife is always telling me to go out and make friends that arent little kids looking at a cool toy in the sky lol
You are literally right around the corner

btw, which phantom/camera are you using?

dragonash said:
sure. My wife is always telling me to go out and make friends that arent little kids looking at a cool toy in the sky lol

What makes you think I'm not a little kid! lol

I have the first gen Phantom with just 2 axis gimbal, GoPro 3+, slightly damaged and dirty P2 props and a terribly installed plastic lever behind the transmitter to tilt the camera.

hovikg said:
dragonash said:

What makes you think I'm not a little kid! lol

I have the first gen Phantom with just 2 axis gimbal, GoPro 3+, slightly damaged and dirty P2 props and a terribly installed plastic lever behind the transmitter to tilt the camera.

i will virtually have the same setup as you.
waiting on my china made walkera gimbal, just got a gopro (and massively pissed that I cant get any type of wifi extender working with it) and I have my FC40 camera velcro'ed to the battery hub to get some sense of placement for the gopro and pseudo FPV.
I do have my ddwrt flashed router working with the FC40 cam, so that makes up for something

FPV is something I need to get, even working on this video I kept thinking how much better my footage would be if I didn't eyeball the shots but knew exactly what was happening. It'll be the next addition for sure, if I don't crash the thing or sink it while flying over water, which I tend to do a lot.

hovikg said:
FPV is something I need to get, even working on this video I kept thinking how much better my footage would be if I didn't eyeball the shots but knew exactly what was happening. It'll be the next addition for sure, if I don't crash the thing or sink it while flying over water, which I tend to do a lot.

well, if we ever do fly close to each other, I would have to turn off my camera. That will kill your phantom! lol

I've seen people fly Phantoms in groups, there's probably a safe way to do it?

I was told never to use wifi on gopro when flying the Phantom, so I do the manual click on it then just cut a lot of footage out in editing.

hovikg said:
I've seen people fly Phantoms in groups, there's probably a safe way to do it?

I was told never to use wifi on gopro when flying the Phantom, so I do the manual click on it then just cut a lot of footage out in editing.

well thats what i was talking about.

My FC model runs on the 5.8 ghz frequency, which allows it to use wifi from its camera, which is on the 2.4ghz frequency.

The P1 uses the 2.4ghz frequency, so my camera could cause yours to fly away if we used them at the same time.

So whoever told you to never use wifi for your model is absolutely correct. For me and vision(+) owners, it's a different store.
As well as a whole 'nother hassle to get true FPV if we wanted to

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl