Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Monitor without Rx

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by andersonpaac, Nov 2, 2014.

1. andersonpaac

Hi Guys,

I was looking for some advise from the community for a High Res monitor without the 5.8 Ghz receiver. Preferably built in battery so I don't need to power it on the field.

Cheers!
    Anderson

2. SteveMann

Go to B&H (http://www.bhphotovideo.com) and search for field monitors.

3. andersonpaac

Thanks, I found some!

4. traeger23

Sorry, super late to this party, and you've probably already picked something up, but I got a Marshall M-CT7 from B&H (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ectronics_M_CT7_CE6_7_CAMERA_TOP_MONITOR.html), that has a Canon LP-E6 battery plate on the back. I wanted something for both FPV and on-set monitoring with a Canon DSLR, and this fit the bill quite nicely.

For FPV, I use an Immersion Uno receiver, which uses the same voltage range as the monitor. With a power cable splitter, one battery drives both the monitor and the receiver, and I'm certain I haven't come anywhere close to draining the battery through several flights with a gimbaled Phantom 2.

The monitor has both HDMI and VGA inputs, and comes with a sunshade and a battery. There are other flavors of this same monitor with battery plates for Nikon batteries as well as standard AAs, all in the same price range.

5. andersonpaac

Thanks so much thus helps alot