Monitor vs Tablet

Reaction score
I'm curious if I have to use a tablet loaded with the DJI app for the P2V+ or if I can use a monitor like the Black Pearl. My dad already has the P2V+ as well as a P1 with the FC40. Both are flying great using the app's installed on my android phone. Now he has a non-vision P2 and I'm helping him install the H3-3D Zenmuse.

From what I've read (and think I understand), the apps we have for the other Phantoms won't work with this copter. Instead I believe we have to get a monitor like the Black Pearl.

What I would like to do is get my dad a monitor to use so he doesn't have to use my phone. Will he be able to use the same monitor for the P2V+ and P1?

I briefly had the vision but switched to the phantom 2 and I'm not looking back. The one thing I have wanted which does not seem possible without a great deal of effort and combining is the tablet or phone with Phantom 2 as it operates on the 2.4 GHz spectrum (which gives it 3x distance but takes away compatibility with vision/fc40 apps. There is someone on this forum who was able to mod a dual-band router with an encoder that sent a wifi signal to his tablet but this is a multi-point setup and I'm not sure about range (on the Vision the fpv has longer range than the copter transmitter).

Your best bet is the fpv pricing chart where the boscam rx/tx with powerful antennas. I went with BlackPearl immersionrc tx combo and it costs substantially more.

Thanks for the feedback. I was afraid that we would have to get a monitor as well... oh well, such is life. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.