Money maker?

Reaction score
IMG_0993.JPG
does anyone use their p4 to take photos or videos to make money off of? I'm thinking about using it to photograph houses for sale by real estates with their knowledge of course does anyone else do this if so what is the going rate or is their something that I don't know that prohibits such actions?

If you live in the United States you need to become Part 107 certified through the FAA if you are going to use a drone/UAV for making money. It really depends on how much the realtor is willing to pay and how much you do for them. Some will pay you $100-$300, others will be higher in the $500-$700 per film clip. But then you get into the details of if you or them are editing the video, or if you are just giving them one shot of the house outside or if you are flying through it, etc.

Reactions: Yough
I'd expect a lot of people on this forum to do so. I certainly do

Reactions: Yough
If you live in the United States you need to become Part 107 certified through the FAA if you are going to use a drone/UAV for making money. It really depends on how much the realtor is willing to pay and how much you do for them. Some will pay you $100-$300, others will be higher in the $500-$700 per film clip. But then you get into the details of if you or them are editing the video, or if you are just giving them one shot of the house outside or if you are flying through it, etc.
Thanks for the info i will have to look into that and I don't think I'll be flying through any house anytime soon well at least on purpose

Is it legal to make money with a drone in the uk with no permits or anything?

How hard is this to complete?

Is it legal to make money with a drone in the uk with no permits or anything?
Quick answer is no...The video posted above is fairly old, and what you now need is a PfCO (Permission for Commercial Operations) from the CAA. this involves taking a course with a recognised company, and completing your Operations Manual. The whole process will cost you around £1500.
If you do any work to get money without going through this process, you are breaking the law.

Reactions: thefrisbee995
Quick answer is no...The video posted above is fairly old, and what you now need is a PfCO (Permission for Commercial Operations) from the CAA. this involves taking a course with a recognised company, and completing your Operations Manual. The whole process will cost you around £1500.
If you do any work to get money without going through this process, you are breaking the law.
I'm sure there are reasons for it but that seems a bit unfair. Bit of a set-back for those starting a new business.

Most Realtors of single family homes will want a one shot deal - drone footage, interior shots and a finished video. If they have to leave one thing out it will either be a video or the drone shot. In my mid to upper scale area that combo - drone shot, internal and external no video, runs about $250-$350.

Very high end properties may be different, but those are far and few between.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4