Mods for: Zenmuse, Tarot, and Arris

Reaction score
Assuming that these three gimbals behave equivalently, which one requires the least amount of: soldering, drilling, and additional parts?

I have a tarot with controller board. It only needs power to work properly, taken from the red/grey accessory wire. It is designed for the gopro without waterproof case, and will be too tall for the legs unless you bolt the 4 support pillars directly to the belly of the phantom. It takes 20 mins to fit it like that, and makes for a very neat install. You can get it to tilt down by connecting to a spare tx channel, but I have not tried that yet. I recommend the tarot, it is a geat gimbal at a very low price.

well the Zenmuse is by far the most complex to install, and requires yanking the shell just to install.

the Arris and Tarot are more similar to each other and require less work.
tho the Arris is the one that requires the least work to install. just attach the top plate, attach the gimbal and connect the power.

the Tarot is a close 2nd, but requires some modification or an adapter plate to fit onto the Phantom. (unless you buy one that's been pre-modifie to fit the Phantom)

Gizmo3000 said:
well the Zenmuse is by far the most complex to install, and requires yanking the shell just to install.

the Arris and Tarot are more similar to each other and require less work.
tho the Arris is the one that requires the least work to install. just attach the top plate, attach the gimbal and connect the power.

the Tarot is a close 2nd, but requires some modification or an adapter plate to fit onto the Phantom. (unless you buy one that's been pre-modifie to fit the Phantom)

That was helpful. I was leaning towards Arris but finding technical info on these three devices has been a challenge; forums seem to have the best handle on it. Again, thanks to you all.

careysb said:
Assuming that these three gimbals behave equivalently, which one requires the least amount of: soldering, drilling, and additional parts?

Being a total NEWB to the RC in general and more so the Phantom, I pulled the trigger on the Arris CM2000 V4 (The one with the carbon fiber Hero3 holder and it was SUPER easy to install the hardware!!! The hardest part was getting the Arris Software to add the drivers to one of my laptops, which didn't install at all. But I used another laptop and the software worked beautifully!

P.S. You need to provide your own MICRO usb cord. (not a big deal) Remember, NOT a MINI USB cord.....a MICRO one!

I'll be posting videos on my CM2000 footage soon. And to be honest, I see no stability or footage difference between a $300 Arris vs. the $700 Zenmuse. Wooot!! Buying it changed the way I will film with the Phantom forever!! :cool:

HiDroneFlyer said:
P.S. You need to provide your own MICRO usb cord. (not a big deal) Remember, NOT a MINI USB cord.....a MICRO one!

I'll be posting videos on my CM2000 footage soon. And to be honest, I see no stability or footage difference between a $300 Arris vs. the $700 Zenmuse. Wooot!! Buying it changed the way I will film with the Phantom forever!! :cool:

i had to order a replacement controller board for my Arris (I damaged my V3 board in a crash), so looks like I might have to get a Micro USB cord now (Arris V3 used the MIni USB (which comes with GoPro's), but perhaps one of my digital point and shoot camera's came with a Micro USB.
as mentioned a few times on the Arris forum, some people have accidentally ripped their micro USB ports off their boards, so be careful plugging/unplugging (or try to reenforce the socket if you can, which is what I plan to do.

not sure what cable works with the Tarot, but I'll be finding out.

But yah, the results I've gotten from my Arris are indistinguishable from an other brushless gimbal.

the DJI's one is good, but clearly overpriced considering every other gimbal is less than half the price.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl