Mods and Add-ons for my new P3

They haven't fixed it in any Phantoms. A gimbal saver is a must have if you own a Phantom 2 or 3.
I'm guessing you have facts to back up your statement? Please share.
I have had the all the Phantoms you mentioned without the saver and none of my cameras have fallen off. Sooo..... Must have?? Nah. If it gives ya some piece of mind and a warm comfy feeling, that's fine though.
The "must have" has yet to be proven.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well I have none of the items on the list and i have almost 100 flights totalling over 100km in 3 different countries. Nothing has ever broken. Learning to fly so you don't crash is more likely to save your P3 than sticking bits of plastic to it.

I've repaired dozens of p3 gimbals seen close to 100 photos from customers. I wouldn't recommend any gimbal protection products sold on the market today except the plates that go between the legs. When you look at how the gimbals break, it's not hard to see that you can't reinforce all of the weak points and still have the gimbal move. The only thing you can do is to try and prevent the gimbal from taking a hit in the first place. The legs are designed to fold in a crash to absorb the impact. they're a bit too soft though and don't really offer any protection without the extra brace.

The "must have" has yet to be proven.

Maybe you should do a search on gimbals destroyed, I think you might just learn something. A lot of people looking for ribbon cable replacements for some reason. I wonder what it could be? But I really don't care if you want to risk wiping out a gimbal. To each his own.

Maybe you should do a search on gimbals destroyed, I think you might just learn something. A lot of people looking for ribbon cable replacements for some reason. I wonder what it could be? But I really don't care if you want to risk wiping out a gimbal. To each his own.
Learn to fly is a better solution. But yeah, to each is to their own. Well over 100 hrs in the air and never needed one.

Reactions: Chris P Duck
Learn to fly is a better solution. But yeah, to each is to their own. Well over 100 hrs in the air and never needed one.
Wow, I want to Mr Perfect when I grow up. What do you plan to do when you have a motor fail as I have had happen? I hope you post the pictures of your wiped out camera and gimbal. Mine survived perfectly from a 100 ft tumble to the ground. Thank you Killer RC.

Take it easy Spaulding! You're going to blow a gasket. If you want to put $ in someone else's pocket knock your socks off. I really don't care.

You're also welcome to search my old posts. I did have a failure with my p2. 200ft straight drop. Landed square on the camera. Didn't separate from the gimbal.

Take it easy Spaulding! You're going to blow a gasket. If you want to put $ in someone else's pocket knock your socks off. I really don't care.

You're also welcome to search my old posts. I did have a failure with my p2. 200ft straight drop. Landed square on the camera. Didn't separate from the gimbal.

I just made a note that I wanted to be like you, perfect in every asspect. LOL

I just made a note that I wanted to be like you, perfect in every asspect. LOL
There ya go! It's great to have goals. You might just be aiming a bit high but eat your veggies and try.
Time to move on Now. May your props only see blue skies!

I saw an interview that Demonseed did with a DJI VP at a trade show where the P3 was being introduced. He asked the VP directly if they had fixed the gimbal ribbon cable issue in the P3. The VPs response was "don't crash". I knew then that they didn't fix the issue. Now as we all know, the P3 gimbal is the most delicate flower in the valley. It's a shame. My Zenmuse H3D looks like a tank compared to the P3 gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4