Modify GS app to allow greater than 500m radius?

Reaction score
Hey gang,

I'm wondering if anyone has any expertise in this regard. Do you think it is feasible to modify the DJI Vision/ground station apk (Android app file extension) to remove the 500m diameter restriction when programming waypoints? It would be beneficial to go 800m or so in one direction and come back...but as it turns out I'm limited to 250m in one direction.

I just would have no idea where to find this in the smali files in a decompiled apk or how to go about modifying it. I have a feeling there is no diameter restriction within the Phantom firmware itself.

Any ideas?

Edit: Updated the title to be correct.

Re: Modify GS app to allow greater than 500m diameter?

Not 100% certain, but I believe the 500m is radius, not diameter. I know I can set waypoints well beyond 250m. I would also love to see the ability to set waypoints much further out.

Re: Modify GS app to allow greater than 500m diameter?

Jstic said:
Not 100% certain, but I believe the 500m is radius, not diameter. I know I can set waypoints well beyond 250m. I would also love to see the ability to set waypoints much further out.

You're probably right. I hadn't reconfirmed in my head what it was because the app won't let me set a waypoint without the phantom being on and within good GPS view.

On a side note, after looking at the decompiled APK I found where the jumps are for this (excuse me if my lingo is wrong). But have little clue on what to do...I think I am looking in the right place.

.field public static final gs_manager_fly_line_exceed_area:I = 0x7f0e0036
.field public static final gs_manager_fly_line_exceed_max:I = 0x7f0e0037
.field public static final gs_manager_waypoint_count_exceed:I = 0x7f0e0034

Also I found there is a mysterious parameter:
<item name="LED_Indicator_textview" type="id">false</item>
<item name="LED_Indicator_imageview" type="id">false</item>

I've set them to true and will recompile and see what happens.

Jstic said:
What does the "0x7f0e0036" mean. Is that ASCII? or hexadecmimal?

For me its a hex address from a program or hex adress were it is located in a memory.
I program µC and we use similar addressing to get and/or write value's into it.
That f gives it away f = 16 in dec or 1111 in bin, but also that 0x.

FYI I've successfully been able to modify the number of waypoints. Close to finishing the circle radius check and still have to work on the total distance travelled.

Theoretically you can add 99 waypoints.

bQQNfKQ.jpg

ilovecoffee said:
FYI I've successfully been able to modify the number of waypoints. Close to finishing the circle radius check and still have to work on the total distance travelled.

Theoretically you can add 99 waypoints.

bQQNfKQ.jpg

please teach us how? thanks your genius

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31