Mode 1 and 2, IOC Switch, and camera questions

Reaction score
I am getting my FC40 today! I have a couple of questions.

I am used to the throttle being on the right, since I am upgrading from an ARDrone. In a screenshot from the Assistant software, I saw a setting for Mode 1 or Mode 2. Would switching that switch the joysticks' functions?

On the IOC switch, would setting he bottom position to "Failsafe" be the same thing as turning off the transmitter to get the Phantom to return to home?

I take it if you start the camera with the switch on it, you cannot connect to it with an iPhone for FPV. Is that correct? And if the camera loses it's signal during the flight, it ruins the recording.?
Thanks.

Switching from mode 2 to mode 1 will not replicate the AR drones controls as it flys in mode 3. To get mode 3 on you're phantom you have to switch the joystick connectors in the remote (they just unplug). Yes setting fail safe to the S1 switch is the same as turning the remote off (if you flick it back to GPS when it gets close to home you will regain control) but remember you have to enable Naza mode to be able to reprogram the switch. I don't know the answer to the camera question, sorry.

I'll just relearn the controls. It's been a couple of years since I flew the ARDrone much anyway. Thanks. You saved me a lot of trouble for no good effect.

I'll work out the camera stuff. That'll give me something to do until the weather clears up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20