Mod to DBS MOD

Reaction score
I can't remember where I got these 18" antennas actually or what the DB gain is but I had them in my closet from a WiFi project a couple of years back. I thought - hey with my new DBS MOD I also gained a standard SMA connector to try other antennas. So I gave these a try.

Wouldn't you know it - to about a mile out they perform actually BETTER than the DBS MOD antenna since I don't have to point the controller almost straight up and I can adjust each antenna independently. Now after about a mile or around 6K feet my reception drops like a cliff to quickly disconnected just like the DBS MOD antenna. Hmm... maybe that has to do with the antenna on the P3 or even the software not being optimized for >1 mile range?

DOM

IMG_0003.PNG

IMG_2666.JPG

IMG_2667.JPG

I can't remember where I got these 18" antennas actually or what the DB gain is but I had them in my closet from a WiFi project a couple of years back. I thought - hey with my new DBS MOD I also gained a standard SMA connector to try other antennas. So I gave these a try.

Wouldn't you know it - to about a mile out they perform actually BETTER than the DBS MOD antenna since I don't have to point the controller almost straight up and I can adjust each antenna independently. Now after about a mile or around 6K feet my reception drops like a cliff to quickly disconnected just like the DBS MOD antenna. Hmm... maybe that has to do with the antenna on the P3 or even the software not being optimized for >1 mile range?

DOM

View attachment 25781
. View attachment 25782

View attachment 25783
Your aiming is probably wrong. Since you you said you don't have to aim the controller "straight up". You DONT AIM straight up. You're supposed to aim straight forward. You can't compare that super long antenna. Higher the DBI the worst the angle gets. Too long to explain do your research.
image.jpg

Yeh what Yunior said.. Also your compass bearing dont look so good, says the birds over your right shoulder, either that or you dont have true gps in your tablet. Kinda important to know where to train your antennas when doing long range fpv; what the dbs mod is designed for.

Agreed, know your products proper use.
Nothing beats this panel for long range/size/price point .

There is something to be said for omni antennas like these for playing around closer to home when you want to just sit down and not worry about direction. But those are pretty big. You could get away with a lot smaller.

OP, I've flown a completely stock P3P over 17,000' and the DBS Itelite panel should go much further.. I think you need to learn how to aim your antenna before trying to post your test results.. o_O

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj