Mod Gone Bad

Reaction score
Hello,
I am/was modding my Vision and snapped the UL.F connector off the small board that lies under the main board; photo link: (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94729529/Phantom Vision 2 - UF.L connection.PNG). This is the board that has the 2 antenna connections. I was able to get one pentalobe installed but on the other, instead of splicing the wires, I foolishly tried to remove the dipole from the connector. This resulted in the connector coming off the board as well. Can anyone help, PLEASE? Is this board available to buy separately (part #?)? Is there a way I can solder the new pentalobe antenna cable directly to the board or to another area? Is there anyone local Hartford CT area interested in doing the repair or can recommend somewhere that will $$? The drone is in great shape, I have both the camera, controller and the other 1/2 of the antenna modded. Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for allowing me to post.

Reactions: rockydog
Been there ..Done that :)
I had a friend that solder's very good fix mine as that black goo of death sucks .Not sure why you didn't remove ththe little board before ya tried it as it's easy .
There was a guy here and one on e bay that sold that already with those removed but I did see them there or missed it .
Here's where ya can find that board and sure there's other place's as well .DJI Phantom 2 / Phantom 2 Vision DJIPV-16 DJI Phantom 2 Vision P2V Receiver (5.8G) - HeliPal
There's a thread in here that tells an easy way to get those loose . I wouldn't splice those cables being what their for .IMO

Thanks! Great help! The link was for the Vision not Vision 2 but they had the one I needed as well; just bought it. You're correct, I ought to have taken the board out but it looked pretty complicated and I got lazy I guess. I need to find the thread about it. Any suggestions about bout the black goo? I'm going to have to remove the antenna on my existing board as well as the dipoles off the new board!?! Back to work now for me, just wanted to say thanks.

No problem matt . Type in my search for black goo of death and you will see a lot of threads on different ways folks do it .
I do know now not to take it all off as some of it at the board helps hold that connecter down . Is where I messed up .

Alright, thanks. I'll look into the goo post then decide. Rather than try to get it off I may just go with the splice. I don't like doing it but it's always worked well. I always worry that I haven't enough of the outer coax to make a good connection. There's a computer repair shop down the street from me. He has done some micro soldering for me in the past. I'm going to bring the new board to him first and see if maybe he can do something. I'm thinking he might be able to connect 2 new UL.Fs next to the goo capped ones. I'll update with any progress I make that might be helpful to other guys.
Should receive my Phantom 3 today (Only reason I broke down and spent the $ is I got a fantastic deal on an entire bundle from a guy on eBay! His pal crashed one and that was it for him; just wanted to get rid of it, too scared to fly. If I don't want to keep it I can easily sell just the bird and a battery for the price I paid). Looks just as delicate as the Vision+ though - I'm not putting it in the air till I receive and install the gimbal fix and bottom plate. Gonna drive me crazy having it sitting around till the other stuff arrives! Thanks again for your help! I never would have found that plate without your tip.

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattnn