Mobius vs GoPro: a comparison

I use a Möbius when I want a light setup. No waterproof case or fancy gimbal for the gopro here. Cheap and cheerful 1080p at 30 fps. Does a pretty good job for 70 grams, with the mount and foam vibration pad, and a fifth of the price! I don't even care if it gets wet. It is cheap tech.

As a side note. My video out cable is all connected to my mobius and vTx. I had to get a little creative with duct tape to secure the cable so it didn't pop out during flight. Other than that, seems to work great. At least it's an affordable alternative to a GoPro and has decent recording capabilities too.

How does it compare to the GoPro for fpv? I'm using my GoPro 3 Black for fpv --very sharp, clear image, pretty good results, too, when flying into the sun. I'd prefer to use a Mobius, however, if the fpv quality was close to the GoPro's.

thanks!

dkr77573 said:
As a side note. My video out cable is all connected to my mobius and vTx. I had to get a little creative with duct tape to secure the cable so it didn't pop out during flight. Other than that, seems to work great. At least it's an affordable alternative to a GoPro and has decent recording capabilities too.

GearLoose said:
How does it compare to the GoPro for fpv? I'm using my GoPro 3 Black for fpv --very sharp, clear image, pretty good results, too, when flying into the sun. I'd prefer to use a Mobius, however, if the fpv quality was close to the GoPro's.

thanks!

I can't make a personal comparison since I don't own a GoPro. However, when researching which camera to buy, I did some research by watching quite a few YouTube videos that compare them side-by-side. The FPV quality is quite good, considering the camera is an HD camera and the vTx does not transmit in HD, regardless of what camera you use. The stock FOV on the Mobius works well too. I will say it's a lot better quality than the old Sony CCD I used to use. As far as sun-facing flights go, the cam seemed to handle the sun well. Here's a video I posted of some footage I gathered when I took the kids to the park. This was all LOS at the time, but you can see it's video quality yourself. IMO, the price point and quality together make this a GoPro contender. Also, I think Youtube lowers the quality of uploaded videos. This was actually taken in 1080p/30 mode, the raw footage looks better than the uploaded version.

http://youtu.be/cDUdbCXQ4_I

Fly Safe

I’m sorry to hijack the tread. I had a quick question. Can a Mobius cable, video out cable be used with a GoPro 4 to stream video out?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31