Mobile phones connected to P3P

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I need some advise. I'm about to do a demo with the P3P with 1 phone connected one each side total of 2 phones. So most of the stuff is done and tested. I designed and 3D printed the phone holders which look very steady.

I have tested the drone flying outdoors with both phones connected but turned off and seemed to be ok but of course I could see the wind catching on to it a little bit more then normal.

I have calibrated the compass before flying and before the phones were mounted.
The image attached gives you an idea of how one of the phones will be mounted while the other will be exactly the same on the other side.
drone phone holder.PNG

I have also bought a set of DJI carbon fibre props to reduce the weight and vibrations (hoping it helps)

My questions are below:

Should i calibrate the compass with the phones mounted or without the phones?

Do you think there will be issues with transmitting and connection if I fly with the phones on? Please note I will need the phones on with a cellular data connection for the demo.

The demo will be indoors which means no GPS and all manual flying. Which mode should I put the remote on"P" or "A"? If I remember well the lat time I flew indoors I left it on "P"

I will be flying inside a cage made up of steel frame with nylon netting. The size will be L 4 meters x W 3 meters x H 4 meters. Will the steel frame be an issue.

Also this demo will be at a very large conference with plenty of other companies so I expect 100's of wifis and mobiles in the vicinity is this asking for trouble?

The Hall will be around 150 miles from my home which is the last calibrate position. Should I re-calibrate the compass inside the hall or no? I expect this to be a big no but open to suggestions.

Thanks for your help. If you think i should be concerned about something else which I did not mention please let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav