Mobile charging for Phantom 2 battery

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience charging the Phantom 2 battery with a mobile battery pack? I carry two Anker Astro Pro2 20,000 mAh batteries on trips to charge laptops, phones and power my timelapse camera motion controller. The batteries are amazing for charging everything except the phantom battery.

http://www.ianker.com/product/79AN20L-SA

I should be able to charge the Phantom 2 battery several times with one of these battery packs and the output voltage is appropriate at 12V but I don't have any way on connecting the phantom 2 battery because of the connection type. I'm not keen on DIYing connectors myself, does anyone know if there are any off the shelf options to connect these things?

I often find myself no where near an electrical outlet to charge batteries and I'm sure this is a problem for other people as well.

Yes, those work would fine but in my case I'm carrying all my gear on my back (multi-day hikes) so weight/compactness is important. The Anker batteries I linked above are about the best power/weight/size ratio you can get and keep all my gear running for days, I just need a day to get it hooked up to the phantom via some adaptor or something. The Anker battery only has a standard usb, and circular power jacks that you would find on most electronics. The 2 pronged system on side of the phantom battery will need some type of adapter. I'm not sure if anything like this exists...?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20