Mix of GoPro aerials & DSLR footage

Reaction score
Took my kids to the beach and shot some video using a Canon T5i as well as my aerials with GoPro mounted on my DJI 550 hex.

http://youtu.be/qGd6sgy8i6g

Thank you. Flares added in post.

Great Vid! Good lookin kids too!

I bet they will be so thankful that their dad was cool enough to document a day like that in such an awesome way.

ATOMSK said:
Great Vid! Good lookin kids too!

I bet they will be so thankful that their dad was cool enough to document a day like that in such an awesome way.

Thanks ATOMSK! They may not have appreciated it that day, but I'm hoping they are grateful in the future.

ericty said:

I really liked those as well. Do you mind if I ask what effect that is and what program you used?

Very nice.

badbrad97 said:
ericty said:

I really liked those as well. Do you mind if I ask what effect that is and what program you used?

Very nice.

Hi badbrad - flares were custom shot using my Canon and the clip layered over the clip where I wanted the effect using the screen compositing setting. You can vary the amount of flare by adjusting the opacity. I edit using Final Cut Pro.

Fair Game said:
A home movie or a TV ad you have certainly blurred the lines and shown what can be done!

Thank you Fair Game. I was really just trying to spruce up the home videos with the aerials...and then I got carried away :)

RedRyderMedia said:
I liked the change of speeds.

Yeah...it added a nostalgic feel I think.

Very nice! Not sure if it's because of my internet connection bit I had the feeling some of the aerial shots were actually time lapse images.

Fotoman said:
Very nice! Not sure if it's because of my internet connection bit I had the feeling some of the aerial shots were actually time lapse images.

Thank you! Yes, most likely your connection.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj