Misty morning in January

Reaction score
this took 3 days to put together
most adventurous I have gotten with the phantom
so far
let me know what you think

http://youtu.be/ooSBW8ans4c

Great video. Glad you did not have any mishaps with the phantom. I would love to fly one in an area like that, but I really don't trust it and am worried it would take off on its own or crash and hit some people or damage someones property or land in the ocean. Wish I had more confidence in them ):

Well done you put a lot of effort into that including risking your investment with some close proximity flying. Were you tempted to go out and view the container ship?

Tips for improvement would be to work more movement into your shots. A mix of speeds from very slow to as fast as you can fly it. Video is all about motion. Static hovers often don't work that well. Better to have forward motion even if its at a slow pace. Get close to objects but not necessarily that close !

I loved the shot of the people posing for the photograph. People are always more interesting than things, include them as cutaways whenever you can.

Flying through tight spaces can be very impactive however it needs to be smooth and fast for maximum effect. Strive for smooth and then speed it up during the edit.

Last but not least only use your absolute best material. Starting with your strongest shots to pull the viewer in. A youtube audience rarely watches past 20 seconds of a video unless it has some connection to them. Keeping it short makes it easier to edit, upload and watch.

Good effort and keep the videos coming :D

Shrimpy

Shrimpfarmer said:
Well done you put a lot of effort into that including risking your investment with some close proximity flying. Were you tempted to go out and view the container ship?

Tips for improvement would be to work more movement into your shots. A mix of speeds from very slow to as fast as you can fly it. Video is all about motion. Static hovers often don't work that well. Better to have forward motion even if its at a slow pace. Get close to objects but not necessarily that close !

I loved the shot of the people posing for the photograph. People are always more interesting than things, include them as cutaways whenever you can.

Flying through tight spaces can be very impactive however it needs to be smooth and fast for maximum effect. Strive for smooth and then speed it up during the edit.

Last but not least only use your absolute best material. Starting with your strongest shots to pull the viewer in. A youtube audience rarely watches past 20 seconds of a video unless it has some connection to them. Keeping it short makes it easier to edit, upload and watch.

Shrimpy

Some very good advice here!

Klaus said:
Shrimpfarmer said:

Shrimpy

Some very good advice here!

Thanks Klaus. I know we all strive for the best equipment, I am no different, however that is only a fraction of what it takes to produce something thats good to watch. Once you understand the tricks good footage always follows. Good footage makes good films.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1