Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Mission planner Vs Litchi

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Gban1984, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Gban1984

I planned missions to the two apps with the same waypoints ,as close as possible, and functions. I used straight corners, Two POI's and differing elevations on each waypoint. On the Litchi app I had Focus POI on each waypoint. For Mission Planner I had a Target-WP mission. I changed which POI to focus on at the same waypoint for each application. For me, Mission Planner was the winner of this unofficial test. It tracked smoothly between elevations and kept focus on the appropriate POI at all times with a smooth transition between them. Litchi didn't appear to have the gimbal set correctly at the beginning of the video. It didn't correct until it got to almost waypoint 2. The focus on the POI's seemed to be off mark as well. this video is a Side by Side comparison starting from the same waypoint.

PVFlyer, Richard W and Brent10 like this.
  2. Sagebrush

I'm not familiar with Mission Planner. With Litchi, as you know, you can set your POI elevation. Do you do it the same with Mission? I'm wondering if that is part of the difference in your results?

3. PVFlyer

Mission Planner seems working very well on your iPhone without jerky gimbal tilting.

4. PVFlyer

It seems waypoint missions are with straight corners. Any chance to further test again with curved corners?

5. jiggyb21

While I wouldn't consider Litchi difficult to set up, there is a learning curve. There is no doubt IMO there is an error in your mission setup in regards to the gimbal pitch.

6. shockwave199

Looks like a classic error of not setting the first way point to the poi and as well, not setting either the first or second waypoint to interpolate. You have to triple check your waypoint settings.

7. Keith Lampman

Litchi updates