Missing Video Files on SD Card / Solutions?

Reaction score
Hello -

I purchased my Phantom 4 last week and took it to the Bahamas with me and got some incredible video.

There was one day where several of my videos did not save properly to the SD Card. I can see the some of the images on the from the the flights in the flight log on the DJI App but I can not find the videos on the SD card and I'm not sure what happened. I

It appears there are a total of 8 videos that are missing by looking at the directory on my SD card. (DJI_0319.MOV / DJI_0326.MOV)

I've run a couple of recovery tools on the SD card and haven't had much luck. I can see where the .THM (thumbnail files) were created but there is no corresponding MOV file.

I've found some SWF files that I'm not quite sure what they are. In order to recover them I need to purchase an upgrade on the file recovery tool that I've been using. They range from 80 MB to just over 4 GB so I'm assuming there is video in these files.

I have found several SWF file converters but I'm not sure that will get me to my end result. Has anyone every recovered these files and successfully converted them to .MOV files or another video format?

Thanks in advance...

Todd

What is the size of the SD card. Is it possible you ran out of memory while recording? Also if you're shooting in 4K , it's going to use more space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a 64GB and I still had quite a bit of room. I've been shooting in 4K and recorded quite a bit of video later that afternoon and the next day before I realized the videos weren't on the card.

It is a 64GB and I still had quite a bit of room. I've been shooting in 4K and recorded quite a bit of video later that afternoon and the next day before I realized the videos weren't on the card.
Todd look at the post on this forum about "Tested 3 Mini SD cards" he explained the difference in SD cards, might be the issue you're having. Hope this helps

I'm afraid I see where this might be going. I see a trend here. $1500 quads with $5 mini-SD cards. This is not going to end well. :(

Hi, i had the same problem today. Went back to studio after two days recording and only had my last clip in the card, numbering like it was the first one (dji_0001)
But the clips appear in the cache files on the dji app.
Have you solved your problem? How?

You guys are powering down these machines COMPLETELY and waiting a few seconds for good measure before removing these cards, right?

If you have a "corrupt" card, are you putting it back in the craft and powering back up and down as DJI suggests (before you attempt to do ANYTHING else to the card!) when this happens in order to implement the "auto recovery" routines they supposedly have in the bird's software?

I've never had one file get messed up. There's got to be a protocol issue here it seems to me. That or cheap/not up to spec cards. I can't imagine it's anything else. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31