Missing Video file P4P

Reaction score
So I'm a Christmas newbie, but have tried to get some flying time in each day. I've had no issues pulling files from the sd card to my Mac until today.

I returned from 2 shoots (lunch and charge up in between)

While I was at lunch after I was fully charged I saw the latest firmware update pop up. I went ahead and did that.

I left and went to my second location.
I set up, flew a few routes, recording here and there to get a feel for what I wanted to do.
Set up a few stills then when I was down to 50% battery I went ahead to do my last planned sweep.
I was slowly moving along in tripod mode, but headed home.

The battery low came up and instead of the normal return home I had been use to it said landing. I was like hold up you are over water!

Anyways it moved to the side swept a couple branches before finding a landing spot about 50 yards from me.

I went over to make sure it was all good.
I had seen it the entire landing and it was recording.

I got to it , 8% left.
Stopped recording.
Powered it down and packed up to head back to work.

I get there and put the sd card in my reader to dump the files 48gb of joy.

As I'm going through everything the last sweep and landing don't appear to be there. Hmmm I think.

I look closer and realize the files from the second shoot are .mov, I had been using .mp4 so the 2 shoots were different.

No biggie they all work and are the UHD size I had set.

So I get home and try some more digging. No video file. I try a couple different Macs, different readers, p4p directly mounted, and all hooked up to fly looking through the flight routes etc.

I thought, could I have not hit record?
Then I went into the camera settings and saw it not only went to Mov, but it changed the file naming to reset, it changed the cache to be 2gb instead of 16, it changed cache to automatically delete when full.
I changed these back to my original set up. Then magic I went into the editor again (5th or 6th time) but first since changing the settings back.

There it was the video I was missing. 15 minutes of a good time. All the moves, sweeps etc.

I watched it in the editor and hit the download original button. It showed the % downloading and took about 10 minutes. Once it was done, it disappeared from the editor and was not in the ipad's photo library. It is MIA all over again!

I downloaded wondershare recovery, pulled all mov files it found off, but they are corrupt so can't open in any program I have. QT, FCP, Premiere, Media Encoder, Compressor, VLC etc.

I tried fixing with VLC, Remo and a couple others, best I got was a few seconds of green no go. Like you'd see without the proper codec.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Obviously I can eventually get back out there to shoot location 2 at some point, but what a pain. The travel, the joy, the crushing realization that I don't have the actual shots for my project.

Do you think the update got me?
I should have switched cards after the update SMH.

Long winded, I am sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
I've had a similar issue. I was receiving messages on my controller "video cache full not recording". I deleted files, started back up and no message but also missing video and photos from the flight. I can see all on my P4P+ controller but nothing was recorded on my SD card. Talk to DJI via online chat - which was not helpful at all. They informed me they would send me an email, and my issue was being send to R&D. I never received an email.

I did clear video cache but haven't flown it since (just a couple of days ago). Fearful of not getting what I'm recording until I understand. Back to flying my P3P until I can find answers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic