Missing - One Phantom 3 Standard

Is it possible your compass calibration was bad? Apparently the lights signaled a correct calibration, but did you hover it before flight for an adequate amount of time to look for drifting or TB effect?

Are you sure your home point was accurate and not fixed fourteen miles away?

I'm sorry for your loss.

8ab4cc8ff2204774dc33a777eb2fb8b3.jpg

what is the bronze phone holder you have there?
Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I got lucky yesterday, was at 1200',,lost signal for 10 seconds rth started. Picture in an out on Dji app. Lost signal 3 times and had 20mph wind. Got down to 800' disabled rth and landed it on my own

Reactions: Squirrel!
@Providian623 sad you have lost it. Is it possible that the Trackimo is interfering with the Phantom?

@GoodFear17
Interesting mod, can you tell us where you bought that antenna?

Does it also help with the signal warnings when your Phantom is not so far away although you have full bars on signal?

The antenna is a aomways 5.8ghz not the best but seems to work planning to try an ibcrazy 5.8ghz antenna but at some point just going with dbsmod

That's just one of the Amazon iPad mini tablet holders holds my iphone6 and mini 4 really well

I know of a friend who had a much less expensive drone and it doesn't have a camera etc... It went lost in the wind and he found it at night due to the lights flashing. Might help.... I'm so sorry to hear of this fly off and it scares the crap out of me as I too have a lot invested.

There's only so much battery life. I did have Polar LED's on the legs, 2 really bright red led's on the two rear pylons, and a super bright LED on the front above the USB port. All were set to strobe. I'd flown it in this configuration numerous times (I like to night fly) and visibility was outstanding. I was able to see it for at least 3,600' out before I lost sight, but it also had some altitude which helped with the visibility. I wasn't trying for any distances as I am not into that sort of thing. The damned thing just went Rogue. I knew I was in trouble within the first 30 seconds of flight. The night it flew off, to God knows, where, we were out in the fields for hours. Nothing, Nada, no lights in trees, in fields, nowhere ......I am leaning towards it having come down in a local pond/lake/ or perish the thought, the sewage lagoon, in which case it can stay there. If it's in a field I may get it back during planting season, but by then it will have been ruined by rain & raccoons trying to prop-start it ................... I'm debating on whether to purchase another Phantom 3. If so it'll be the Advanced. I'll wait to see what DJI's big announcement is. Maybe they found it !

Not common. If you followed all steps. Calibrating etc.

Did it all correctly, drone dance to calibrate etc. I have enough hours that while still new, I'm not inexperienced. It isn't common for a fly-away but it does happen. I haven't a clue, but agree with some that something may have been set wrong. I've never had the Trackimo create any issues except this time it didn't work, which makes me wonder if I accidently turned it off while moving the bird out to the take off point. My big question is why, didn't it RTH when it disconnected? I'm going to search the field behind the take off point in case it did RTH and over flew. But it was lit up like a Christmas tree and I didn't see, or hear, it come back

Reactions: Tony Cowan
My p3s also went rogue.flew out to 2900ft away from lost signal rth was initiated started watching the range instead of getting closer it was going away from me i cancelled rth and tried to bring it home i could not see it im looking in the sky where it was last visible. It was gone looked at healthy drones.com it showed the **** thing went 375 ft above me rth height was set to 100 feet

Im going back to look for it with my new professional, maybe i can spot it from the air.should of got the p3pro the first time

Out of curiosity, what was the wind like that day? I had an issue in early December with mine. It didn't feel overly windy at ground level, but at about 400' it was pushed over a km away and seemingly lifted up by the wind to about 600'. I lost video, but it looked like it had initiated RTH. The telemetry showed it still moving away, though, as it apparently wasn't strong enough to fight the wind at its current elevation. I then jammed the left joystick down to lower it, and it gradually started to overpower the wind at about 200'. Down at 100' it was able to effectively fly home, but it taught me to always consider the effect of unusual wind patterns. Since it appeared that yours was higher than anticipated, I wonder if there was an updraft and a strong wind that carried yours off course.

Wow, another one lost, would like to see your flight on HD. A lot can be learned. I know what the loss is like. I still have a missing PV2+, well actually not.
;)

I'm really curious about your Trackimo. When was last time you charged it?

When you search on the app what happens, just shows at home location and that's it right?

I would try closing the app and reopening, see if any updated locations are revealed. If necessary remove and reinstall app and check again.

Unless it was completely dead it should come up. I did catch the part about you thinking you might of turned it off, hopefully not.

I started at 22ft and went straight forward slowly clibed up to 80ft drone was out 2929ft away from me lost signal rth was initiated. For some reason it climbed it's self up to 375 ft and flow above me.i was looking were i last seen it .was not looking up.crazy thing is i bought carbon fiber props that are really loud but for some reason i put on stock props that are quiter

Don't sell your controller until you contact DJI by phone and they will have you send the logs. They will either replace it or offer 30% off of a replacement. If nothing else you can buy a new one and then sell the charger and remote to help offset your cost of the replacement.

Don't give up, maybe it landed and you will find it. Or someone honest will contact you. Since you uploaded the logs to healthy drones can you share them with us?

Im going back to look for it with my new professional, maybe i can spot it from the air.should of got the p3pro the first time

I thought of that as well. Just not sure I want to purchase another one after this experience. I am waiting to see what DJI's new announcement is before I entertain any decision I make.

Out of curiosity, what was the wind like that day? I had an issue in early December with mine. It didn't feel overly windy at ground level, but at about 400' it was pushed over a km away and seemingly lifted up by the wind to about 600'. I lost video, but it looked like it had initiated RTH. The telemetry showed it still moving away, though, as it apparently wasn't strong enough to fight the wind at its current elevation. I then jammed the left joystick down to lower it, and it gradually started to overpower the wind at about 200'. Down at 100' it was able to effectively fly home, but it taught me to always consider the effect of unusual wind patterns. Since it appeared that yours was higher than anticipated, I wonder if there was an updraft and a strong wind that carried yours off course.

Approximately 4 knots at takeoff point. Not sure at the higher altitude. Just before the log shows it acknowledged my RTH command I sent a "spin" command in an effort to start it back to me, and did observe the white strobe on the front for a short time. I assume (there's that word again) that the drone dropped to RTH altitude and maybe started back which is about time I lost contact visually and electronically.

Don't sell your controller until you contact DJI by phone and they will have you send the logs. They will either replace it or offer 30% off of a replacement. If nothing else you can buy a new one and then sell the charger and remote to help offset your cost of the replacement.

Don't give up, maybe it landed and you will find it. Or someone honest will contact you. Since you uploaded the logs to healthy drones can you share them with us?

I haven't given up and my neighbors have all been out checking their farm land as well. Even the 81 yr old curmudgeon who told me he hated drones, till I let him fly mine a cpl of minutes, (now he wants one) was out walking his tree lines. I'll try to get the logs up, can't do it right now Up to my *** in alligators & making "lost" flyers. I hope this goes better than Emelia Earhart & Fred Noonan, and they had the Pacific Fleet trying to find them !

Reactions: FallingArdor
That sucks! I'm sorry for your loss. Please keep us posted if you find a reason why systems failed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues