missing .mov files on SD card!

Reaction score
Hello, i'm experiencing something really scary.. SOME video files are not actually recorded on SD, though the recording button seems to work, during recording the red circle on the display turns into a square and the second counter runs...
after recording, the playback function on the RC can't find the footage, nor can the PC when i extract the SD after landing and turning the drone OFF..
Some .MOV's are there, some are not.. randomly... they are really absent, i've also tried with a datacard recover utility.. no luck..
The original footage seems to be there in the "original" section of the "director" page in the DJI Go, i would recover the video from there, but how can I recover the whole sequence? director only extracts some seconds of footage, and yet there must be a way to export all.. it's there in my phone and i can't loose that stuff!
What did I wrong, has this anything to do with video cache setting or file indexing? my file indexing is selected as "reset".. Please helo

Put the SD card back in the phantom and power cycle and then check for complete file transfer to the SD card. I power cycle when ever I have completed a video session upon landing.

You are probably landing and turning off the battery without stopping the recording which means the video isn't finalising. As said above just put the sd card back in the phantom turn back on for 30 secs and it will finalise the files but you may lose the last few secs of the video

Guys.. thankyou all but that's not the case, I just stopped the recording, Phantom was still ON, then I turned to Playback mode but I could not see the video that was just recorded.. this could happen once out of two or three recordings, but I still could not believe the files were really missing, so I went on filming..
As i came home I sadly had to see that files were really missing... I had to recover the footage from the App's Cache by saving them on my smartphone..
An explanation I gave myself was that I used a new SD without formatting it, assuming it was correctly formatted in the factory .. could it be a reasonable explanation?

You should definitely format the card in the machine. You can usually do it on your computer, but if you are having problems, always format a data card in the device it will be used. If you are still having problems, use another card. Video is tough on SD cards - some don't work and some manufacturers have quality problems.

Are you using the stock Lexar card?

Hi, i had the same problem today. Went back to studio after two days recording and only had my last clip in the card, numbering like it was the first one (dji_0001)
But the clips appear in the cache files on the dji app.
Have you solved your problem? How?

Hi, i had the same problem today. Went back to studio after two days recording and only had my last clip in the card, numbering like it was the first one (dji_0001)

That **sounds** like you formatted the card after your first day of filming. Don't laugh (or cry) we've ALL done something that stupid. Or soon will.
But the clips appear in the cache files on the dji app.

So you didn't make the first mistake of not hitting the record button. That's my favorite mistake.

Have you solved your problem? How?

First thing is try another PC if you can. Probably won't work but it's low cost.

Next is to get one of the recovery programs as noted. IF you haven't over written anything and it's just an operator error as opposed to an actual hardware failure you stand a good chance of getting them back.

Next time - One card per day (or even one card per flight). You have to balance the risk of losing the bird, hardware failure and losing the tiny little microSD card somewhere (my second favorite mistake).

Check your pockets.

Already tried recover program, bought the easeus, recovered the files, but they are corrupted now.

In my case i think it was one is this two reasons that cause the missing files, because after this everything went ok.
Always format the card on the phantom
And
change the number of the clips to continous

Reactions: nel
If MOV files are still in your SD card but you are not able to access it, then you can try the third party Card Data recovery software from here – Recover MOV files from SD Card!

Trial version of the tool is available if you can see the preview your MOV files then you use purchase the full version of the software. Hope this may help you.

Anyone tried this tool, really work?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20