Missing flights solved! (I think)

AWD

Reaction score
The ongoing saga of "missing flight logs" on my P4 and iPad may have been fixed, as it were.

I had a photo shoot today. Good video, stills etc. Finished up, put everything away in the bike and headed home. Got home, checked the register and NOTHING. No flights, although the videos and stills were obviously still on the SD card for reference and I could get them off like normal.

But where in the heck did the register go?

I had this happen to me a few nights ago on a late evening flight.

Time to go into Sherlock Holmes mode.

What were the common denominators that let me see the flight register and not see it. It all boiled down to whether or not I had completely turned off the DJI Go app on the iPad or not.

Not if I had just closed it like normal, but physically closing the program out. If I just minimized it like the other programs running, the register would stay there for several days. Once it got closed completely, the register was gone.

I tested this theory today with 3 short flights. All three showed up in the register and stayed there after minimizing the DJI Go app. Opened it up a few hours later and all three flights were still there. Then I closed out the program. Immediately opened it up again and they were gone!

At least now I know to leave the DJI Go app running until I've updated all the current registers.

It also explains where my first 3 hours went.

AD

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl