Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Missing bushing and e-clip

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by thebatture, Jan 19, 2014.

1. thebatture

My fairly new Phantom 2 Vision had something loose knocking about inside of it after my first flight. I wasn't sure what it was until I discovered one of the props was sticking a bit and the motor assembly could be lifted up a little. I took apart the housing and found that the e-clip that holds the bushing in place at the bottom of the motor spindle was lodged in a crevice and the bushing was missing. Is it possible to order a new bushing and e clip? I do not know of an RC parts store in my area that might have loose parts. Are there any after market bushings and bearings for the Phantom?
    This should be a cheap fix... if I could find the parts. Crickets from DJI when I emailed them.
    Or I could buy some upgrade motors from T-motor? Does anyone have experience with their Antigravity motors? Worth the extravagant price?

Thanks!

2. gunslinger

gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm not sure of where to purchase the thrust bearing and E clip for the motors but I know there is a post on here regarding that. Please do a search and I'm sure you'll find what you need...,

-slinger

3. Pull_Up

A quick Google search came up with this amongst others: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dji-phantom-mot ... 6470208%26 (does bearings as well, there are probably a few non-ebay sources too).

Definitely worth checking all the e-clips and bearings as part of a regular preventative maintenance schedule, there have been reports of the e-clip and/or bushing flying around inside and shorting out speed controllers, etc.

If you haven't had any "firm landings" then it certainly shouldn't have worked itself loose in just a few flights. If you bought from a dealer, have you asked them about replacement bearings, etc?

4. thebatture

Um, yes I had a "firm" landing on the first flight. Low speed, but the little guy flipped over on uneven ground. Didn't think I caused damage at the time. I only noticed the sticking prop the next day after giving him a thorough inspection. Took off the motors but I did not take off the shell. I will do so now and inspect all of the solder joints per other posts and make sure nothing else is loose!

I found some "upgrade" kits last night. Are plastic bushings (I assume delrin) okay? Are they an improvement over brass? When I used to build RC cars in my youth, delrin was smoother, but seemed to wear out more quickly than brass. Any thoughts? If I use the plastic thrust bearing on one motor, should I replace the bearings on all of them?

Thanks!

5. Pull_Up

I don't know! I've never had issues with my motors so that's all above my pay grade for now. ;)

As the motors are the same as those on the late-model Phantom V1s, you might want to search/ask over in the General or Help sections as there are bound to be V1 flyers who have replaced bearings and so on.