Minor Crash and Gimbal Separation

Reaction score
Hey guys, I had a low altitude crash with my P3P where I attempted to go through a racing gate and I clipped the side of the gate which sent my P3 to the ground. It was only a few feet up so it wasn't a terribly hard landing. It was violent enough to cause my gimbal to detach from the mounts and pull out the cable. Thankfully everything went back together and no functional harm was done. My question is related to the resulting video. I waited until today to review my video recorded by the camera and discovered the recording ended a couple seconds before the crash, I did not manually stop it and so I assume the crash resulted in a disruption of the recording and once I powered the P3 back on it recovered the incomplete file but somehow lost the last couple of seconds so I did not get to see the moment of impact. Is this normal or should I have expected recording up until the crash? I also found that when these things crash they make an awful noise while upside down and powered on. there were several other phantom crashes that I witnessed that day and all exhibited the same awful noise. What on earth is causing that? Is it the restricted motors or something else?

... were several other phantom crashes that I witnessed that day and all exhibited the same awful noise. What on earth is causing that?

The noise you heard were the Phantoms screaming "I am a camera platform, NOT a racing quad!!!!".

:confused:

:cool:

Reactions: cyberthingy
It is expected that there are several frames in the RAM (volatile buffer) of the camera processor that have not been written to the camera. So a second seems to me possible.

Do a CSC (P3 CSC - Phantom Help) as soon you see your bird crashing on ground to turn of your motors, that can save motors and/or electronic (and your $$$ for the repair). NEVER do a CSC to do a normal motor stop after a landing, there are great chance you will tilt over your bird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20