Minimum voltage.

This is a hard q to answer. Are you asking what the smallest number the form field will accept? The lowest voltage you':re willing to run the batteries to? I have level 2 set to 10.4v, ~3.46/cell. But that is only because I never intend to hit it. It might as well be 9.0v, or 0.0.

My level 1 is 10.6v. I land within 30 seconds of hitting that with my mad dog 5400, or within 2 minutes of hitting it with my dji 4400s.

I currently have 11.2 no load. 10.7 under load for the first level protection. I guess I want to know how low can I get before the quad will drop out of the sky. Then I can set accordingly to make sure I have enough juice to land.

After 3.3v/cell loaded the voltage drops like a rock. So if you set at 10.0, you would see the flashes, think about landing, and a few seconds later the voltage would rocket past 3.0 and the ESCs would cut out.

Battery long term health is different from the cutoff though, so it's obviously better to set it much higher than that.

Ozzyguy said:
Ok so the 10.6 second level protection I'm currently at is about as low as I should go

When we start talking about 10.6 versus 10.5, that's 0.03v per cell difference, which means it really starts to depend on the characteristics of your particular pack.

If you actually land using level 2, then 10.6 is an entirely reasonable value for that: not too conservative, and with a bit of extra buffer in case you need to punch the throttle or stay aloft for another minute or so to sort out the landing.

The interesting thing is I get about the same flight time if I fly around or just hover. I would have thought just hovering would increase my flight time.

Hovering takes less power than flying aggressively, but more than straight flight at slow to moderate speeds.

I have my first stage set at 11.0,0,11.0 and my second stage set at 10.7,0,10.7 but I never get to the low voltage cutoff. I strictly fly by time. I check what mah I put back into the batteries and set my timer accordingly with about a 60 seconds till I get to low voltage (2nd stage). That way I know when to land and that I have plenty of time. When I was using the lights on the Phantom to tell me when to land sometimes it would be oriented wrong or too far away and I wouldn't see the lights and the pucker factor would be pretty high when I finally did.
My timer is a cheap Wal-mart sports watch that I took the band off of and velcroed right in the upper center of the TX. I was using my IPhone timer and it wasn't very popular with the guys I fly with! :>)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie