Mini USB to Micro USB cable for RC P3 Standard to device

Reaction score
Hi all,

It is possible that what I am suggesting make no sense at all but here the question to see if somebody have tried it.

As you know the remote control of the Phantom 3 standard has only one mini USB connection to charge it.

My phone (Samsung) that I use for the DJI Go, has the micro USB connection to charge it.

What would happen if I connect with a cable "Mini USB to Micro USB" to both ends (phone to RC)?

1 - Nothing because both USB connector are intended to receive energy and not to give it.
2 - The remote control would provide energy to the phone
3 - The phone would provide energy to the RC.

What do you think?

Just curious.

Greets,
Hugo

P.S. Sorry form English, this is not my mother tongue.

Last edited:
I don't think anything would happen. It's not a good idea. Why would you want to do it?

The Samsung and the Phantom have micro USB ports and if you do find a cable pls let me know where....:)

I don't think anything would happen. It's not a good idea. Why would you want to do it?
Hi Philltayl, thanks for your reply.
I also think nothing would happen, but I ask because would be great if the RC could provide with energy to my smart phone, that run out of battery fast when I have the wifi, location and using the DJI Go app. However as you said, I afraid nothing would happen if I connect such a cable.

Reactions: Philltayl
Hi Philltayl, thanks for your reply.
I also think nothing would happen, but I ask because would be great if the RC could provide with energy to my smart phone, that run out of battery fast when I have the wifi, location and using the DJI Go app. However as you said, I afraid nothing would happen if I connect such a cable.

easier to just get a 'power bank' for your phone........ :)

Reactions: hugomez

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic